At VaynerMedia, we’re lucky that everyone within our walls thinks creatively, shares a passion for building communities, and understands the world of micro-content. Our copywriters serve a slightly different role than more traditional “digital creative types,” but thankfully we’ll never use the term “digital ninja.”
Who are you?
You’re an ultimate team player who will create value in any situation. You understand creative problem solving and have a passion for storytelling on every platform. You’re an adaptable idea person who understands that good ideas can come from anywhere, and have the ability to guide a brainstorm. You’re highly observant and write because you love to. You can execute quickly and manage your time well. You’re aware of your strengths and your weaknesses. You’re cool in the face of a challenge. You'll be working exclusively within the digital realm (no print work,) so the portfolio you submit should reflect this. However, we also love seeing your overall solutions and ideas throughout your book.
The task at hand:
- You’ll be asked to do a range of creative work from faster, “smaller” pieces of content to “bigger” builds for a range of clients, as well as VaynerMedia-wide projects
- You’ll work within a dynamic team structure with several creative leads, helping to support and deliver on our core community and brand specific campaigns
- You’ll have a mastery of industry best practices and the platforms we love, as well as be willing to learn and articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each
- You’ll care more about concepting, writing, developing, and putting the team in the best position to present our ideas than you do about getting credit for the work
- You’re expected to be as much of a friendly teacher as a proficient doer when working within our Account team structure
- You’ll have strong storytelling skills and a mastery of grammar and the English language
- You’ll occasionally help to mentor junior members of the team
The ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of experience copywriting, developing, and creating for digital/social strategies + campaigns
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills
- The ability to follow direction, and give and take constructive criticism
- An aptitude for time management, organization, and communication
- A talent for wearing multiple brand hats and switching easily among brand voices
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing VaynerMedia family and a smile on their face a majority of the time
- A basic understanding of UI/UX and an interest in the big social media platforms and their abilities/limitations
- Experience working with designers, developers, and team focused creative process
- An obsession with sports, music, or food-we love people who can bring their own interests into the mix
Please submit a digital portfolio with resume submissions.