About the Team
The VaynerMedia People and Experience Team (P.E.T.) partners with leaders and our people to help them fulfill their potential and realize transformational outcomes for our clients. We share accountability for not only people initiatives, but also the success of the organization we support. Each of us has a broad background in many areas of HR, and we are experts in addressing a wide variety of employee, management, and organizational challenges. But we’re also fun. We are by turns service with a smile, cat herders, camp counselors, and grand visionaries. And there are so many snacks...
The Task at Hand
Be prepared for one of the most meaningful and purposeful career experiences you can have. You will be tasked with delivering core HR services and taking a true partnership approach to your work, consistently bridging department needs with that of the broader company. You will provide objective advice regarding complex issues and coach managers on best practices including talent acquisition and retention, professional development, performance management, culture, and career development.
- Relationships: Cultivate and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders, other internal teams, and most importantly within P.E.T. to become a trusted advisor.
- Operations: Measure and monitor existing programs and experiences. Partner with the rest of the team in addition to external specialists to execute global strategic initiatives and priorities within the organization. This may include performance management, leadership development and 360 reviews, compensation planning, policy development and compliance, and terminations. While you will have operational support, you are someone who will roll their sleeves up and dive into the most mundane of tasks!
- Strategy: Partner with leaders, managers and individuals to identify broad, chronic organizational challenges or opportunities. Craft and implement strategies to address everything from workforce planning and compensation budgets, to talent management and succession planning, reward and engagement strategies to performance management, and staffing strategies and organizational design. You will be the connector across other functions creating a seamless experience across the employee lifecycle.
- Coach, Inspire, Mediate: Create sustained solutions to manager, team, and individual challenges through a variety of coaching and mediation techniques. Ability to design and implement innovative and engaging programs to drive the evolution of the functions you support. This may include individual coaching for leaders on best practices to improve their people management skills, career and job coaching, and navigating conflict within teams.
- Emergency Response: Generally speaking, our role is to be proactive. We strive to anticipate issues before they arise, and to create short and long-term plans for our organization. But stuff happens … We really don’t like emergencies, but when they happen you should know how to handle them quickly, discreetly, and with grace. You leverage your deep knowledge of employment law, compliance and best practice to mitigate risks to individual employees and VM.
This is anything but your standard “HR Business Partner” role. This role is about human to human connection. You’ll be the leader and guardian of our most prized assets: people. From performance and productivity, recruiting to culture, a lot of very important things will rest on your shoulders. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in a strategic HR Business Partner role.
Your knowledge and experience is both broad and deep from employment law and best practices to talent management. Exposure to design of performance management and/or compensation philosophies and approaches welcomed.
Fine Print: Must be proficient in the use of business software (Excel, KeyNote, PowerPoint, Gsuite etc.) Familiarity with ADP, Greenhouse and other HR reporting tools. Coaching certification and prior experience in professional services or technology/creative environment is a plus.
What leads to success in this role:
- Lead heart first, care deeply about both people and outcomes
- Put your relationships at the forefront of everything you do
- Have a strong interest and ability in HR analytics and leveraging data to inform decisions
- Genuine belief in bringing your full self to what you do everyday, see “work” as a calling and a passion
- Have the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Are comfortable facilitating executives, coming to the table with a point of view and simultaneously advocating and advising more junior talent
- Are a creative self-starter who prides themselves on their grit and resourcefulness
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Loves dad jokes
- Are a team player with positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Are detail oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Are an analytical problem solver with experience and proven accomplishments in a global highly matrixed org
- Are adept and comfortable managing through frequent change, and are a ninja in your stakeholder management
- Have a desire to take ownership and accountability for work and manage projects through execution
- Strong people manager, adaptive approach to coaching and growing your direct reports, desire to understand their drivers and reward/recognize in line with their motivators
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and cover letter. Let us know how you take take us to the next level. VaynerMedia and the People and Experience Team value individuality and variety, so use your judgement and write in your own voice. If you practice a craft, curate a blog, or have an interesting side hustle, we’d love to hear about it.