VaynerMedia is looking for an experienced, digitally and socially savvy, organized person to join the crew as a Senior Project Manager.
Who are you?
Highly organized, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter who is passionate about social and digital marketing platforms and how they integrate with more traditional forms of media (events, TVCs, print, etc.). An experienced executor of projects within strategy, creative, and production across a wide range of budget, complexity, and timing expectations. Someone who is not just about hustle, flexibility, creativity, and adaptability for themselves, but can understand interconnected workstreams and larger team dynamics and is able to effectively lead people and processes in a highly challenging, positive, rewarding environment.
The task at hand?
- Collaborate with Client Service partners (particularly AS, AD, and VP) on engagement planning to meet client goals
- Work with agency specialty departments (Insights & Strategy, Smart, Tech, etc) on resources, budget, timing & task management to ensure their inputs and outputs on a project are aligned with larger timing & milestone needs
- Have deep understanding of creative advertising agency offerings, capabilities, and key resources in order to field all types of client asks
- Be client-facing to speak to key aspects of project execution, especially budget, timing, resource & process considerations
- Develop both initial estimates and full budgets for retainers, complex executions, and atypical deliverables, as well as standard projects, given project knowns, assumptions, client inputs, and agency ways of working
- Develop long, complex schedules for large programs and multi-project engagements ensuring a holistic overview of how all workstreams are interconnected
- Write Statements of Work based on project requirements, Client requirements, the project plan, and larger executional context
- Work with project management department leads (DPM or VP) to develop and customize any project-specific processes or resources to fulfill specific needs
- Project Execution
- Be the hub between the creative, client services, and all other internal teams, driving projects forward quickly and efficiently
- Manage the project throughout the full life cycle, including but not limited to: Campaign Strategy, Brand Creative, Websites & Digital Experiences, Social Content, Digital Videos, TVCs, and, in certain cases, OOH and Print
- Track budgets, including review of actual hours & expenses, against both timelines and deliverables for retainers and large, complex, interconnected projects
- Track project against original scopes, especially timing and deliverables; if a change occurs, plan what can be done in scope and what can’t
- Manage schedules, ensuring inter-departmental teams are informing and understanding overall project timing for the day, the week, and overall meetings; communicating status to direct teams, as well as flagging potential issues with milestones or deliverables to senior leads and to manager
- Collaborate with team leads on each project to plan and support overall team success, as well as team tasks, next steps, bandwidth, and needed resources; communicate with department leads on issues or next steps
- Collaborate with producers to build & manage holistic budgets and timelines that will meet production needs for an ask as creative is developed
- Aid in the management of the freelance process when resources are needed, hired, and utilized.
- Liaise with finance, operations and legal teams on project and client needs
- Traffic deliverables to Client and/or CS team.
- Project Wrap
- Ensure all working and final project assets are consolidated in appropriate folders on the server; all shared documents are in one folder on Drive; all contracts are signed and on box
- Sign off on project expenses from Finance
- Ensure all time has been put against a job with Biz Ops
- Ensure all project wrap documents are done by appropriate team members (completion reports)
- Agency Business Support
- Understand larger business implications of project and retainer work, and support DPM, CS leads & Biz Ops to make informed financial & staffing decision based on current and projected work
- Team Leadership & Mentorship
- Drive larger team dynamics through building cross-functional relationships with individuals and teams
- Collaborate with other department leads to improve and execute project deliverables, process, and output
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and skill-building to Project Managers and Project Coordinators; demonstrate a command of internal and industry best practices, ways of working, and tools, and teach those to