At Vault, we believe quality healthcare is a human right. Our mission is to make better health outcomes more accessible and affordable for everyone. Our platform makes this possible by bringing remote diagnostics and specialty care to patients in their homes, on their home screens, and within their hometown communities— wherever they choose. We are reimagining the 21st century healthcare experience for patients, practitioners and providers—making the promise of better health more attainable through our end-to-end healthcare platform.
We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager (fully remote) to join the still early stage of a rapidly growing digital healthcare company on the cusp of making a huge impact to healthcare. As an early employee, you’ll have the chance to define and work on the foundational elements of the company. In addition to our mission, we provide a great learning environment as well as competitive wage and stock options in an early stage company.
Our core tech stack is React.js, GraphQL, Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, and AWS. You should be familiar with modern cloud technology and are willing to learn new ones.
You will be responsible for leading a high performing, cross functional engineering team to maintain and deliver product with quality, timeliness, and scalability. Success at Vault means delivering customer success and employee growth. You will attract, hire and mentor engineers across all experience levels. You care about engineers' careers and goals, work well with product owners, and communicate confidently with business owners and external stakeholders.
- Manage a team of 5-10 cross functional engineers (Product, Test, Site
Reliability, and Dev Sec Ops) to deliver engineering deliverables
- Advance the DevOps Culture. Vault Engineering practices a DevOps culture.
All of our infrastructure work is in code. Therefore, you should be familiar with
core engineering process for building products
- Continues to contribute towards bug fixes and small features without
becoming a bottleneck for the team
- Engages in prompt and thorough code reviews
- Work with technical product managers to align on common business goals and
develop tactical strategies (resource plan, estimation of project deadline) to
help the team execute rapidly
- Encourage and lead the team to solve tough technical problems with creative
solutions to overcome the "last mile" of delivering successful projects and
achieving operational excellence
- Hire, mentor, promote, counsel, and nurture engineers at all levels including
new grads and senior-level engineers
- Manage performance and solve tough people issues
- Lead teams through times of rapid growth. Develop, implement, and manage
changes in process and tooling to support growth
- Champion data driven approach to understand broad customer experience
metrics — such as performance metrics, error rates, and feature adoption
rates Balance new feature development with improvement of existing features
based on a deep understanding of customer experience metrics
- Promote knowledge sharing, collaboration, code quality, and productivity
- Domain knowledge in digital healthcare is helpful but so is a passion for
- Align with our organizational focus on efficiency, long term thinking, and
passion for technology.
- Having been an effective individual contributor in the past, with technical
skills that gain the respect of junior engineers
- Devoted to growing and caring for the team. Enjoy solving the team's
engineering problems to improve focus on delivering products
- Hands-on servant leader. Ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done
when needed in order to help your team
- Possesses cross functional experience: Development, QA, DevOps, SRE, Cloud
and CI/CD skills to know that majority of engineering work happens after
features goes live
- Data driven decision maker. Know key platform and customer metrics by heart
Vault Health is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.