At Vault, we believe quality healthcare is a human right. Our mission is to make better health outcomes more accessible and affordable for everyone. Our platform makes this possible by bringing remote diagnostics and specialty care to patients in their homes, on their home screens, and within their hometown communities— wherever they choose. We are reimagining the 21st century healthcare experience for patients, practitioners and providers—making the promise of better health more attainable through our end-to-end healthcare platform.
About the Opportunity:
We're looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to join a rapidly growing healthcare technology company making a huge impact on improving people’s lives. At Vault, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on the health of millions. In addition to our mission, we provide a great learning environment as well as competitive wage and stock options. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating a seamless customer experience an is able to drive and execute end-to-end customer journeys. To be successful as a Principal Software Engineer, you should be able to evaluate the user’s needs, time limitations, and system limitations when developing software. A stand-out Principal Software Engineer is one who is up to date on new technologies and software development practices. This role is 100% Remote.
Our core tech stack is React.js, GraphQL, Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, and AWS. You will plan, architect, build and own our main external-facing web app and API. You will partner with product teams to bring the customer experience to life and will be
responsible for the technical execution of web and back-end projects through hands-on development and prototyping.
- Lead multiple project implementations with a few small groups of engineers.
- Understand the business and align with the priorities, converting them to
technological solutions with KPIs.
- Rally people around any tech causes, enabling success at the executive and team
- Create efficiency where it does not exists. Be three steps ahead of the company's
needs, providing solutions that improve efficiency/scalability for years to come.
- As a key face of engineering at Vault you will create and maintain brand awareness
for the company while attracting talent and participating in tech conferences.
- Responsible for driving engineering culture. It is not only about creating the culture but
also about being an example and helping others to adopt it.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software and new user-facing
features in Vault products.
- Act as a role model and mentor for junior engineers.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- While a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent is helpful, we, as a company, do not
have a degree requirement
- Experience with distributed systems and architecture, and systems integration
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical
- Experience in technical leadership in a software design domain
- Deep understanding of the "behind-the-scenes" of HTML rendering, CSS and
- Deep understanding of core modern web concepts such as single-page applications
(SPAs) and server-side vs. client-side rendering
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and languages such as Python, Java, .Net
Bonus points for:
- Devops, SRE, or CI/CD experience
- Experience in Conversion Optimization and A/B testing, Web Performance
Optimization, Flask, Relay, and GraphQL
- Experience providing technical structure to teams and working closely with
management and stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps
- Ability to lead high-level discussions on technology strategy and approach
- Experience in the healthcare space and startup environments
What Does Success Look Like in 90 Days
- Learn the code base end to end and develop a plan to increase scalability, reduce
tech debt, and improve efficiency in process
- Establish a plan to mentor junior engineers and execute on that plan
- Lead a project and a small team or teams of more junior engineers, with
support from senior technical leadership
- Handle escalations of system issues related to the components you own and
establish a hierarchy to delegate response to escalations
- Own your own professional growth by continuously mastering and learning the
entire architecture stack, including DevOps and SRE
Vault Health is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.