Vault Health is a leading virtual-first healthcare platform that specializes in delivering remote diagnostics and specialty care to consumers directly, through their employers, and through their local public health agencies. Vault also leverages its virtual platform to facilitate decentralized clinical trials for companies in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries. Vault is a leading provider of at-home FDA-approved COVID-19 testing in the U.S., whose solution has been deployed to numerous local and state governments, airlines, universities, professional athletic teams, companies, and organizations. Today, Vault employs more than 500 employees across the country and expects to continue growing as we expand our products and services.
Vault Health is seeking an experienced Director of Business Development who will build and execute business development strategy to drive new opportunities and engage potential partnerships for our Life Sciences division. The Director of Business Development will report to the Global Head of Business Development, Life Sciences, or delegate and lead the efforts to develop and refine our sales cycle.
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage partnerships.
- Build and assess the sales cycle, from deal forecasting and pipeline management to post award operational hand off.
- Refine and build out the Vault Life Science’s pitch decks and supporting sales materials.
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs-benefits of potential partnerships and articulate strategy to relevant decision makers and stakeholders.
- Support the strategic objectives and interests of Vault’s business teams on a national basis.
- Scope out the budgets and contracts associated with new deals for approval by leadership.
- Prepare regular sales and pipeline updates and deliver on timelines, objectives, and key results.
- Support the growth of the Vault Life Sciences brand through new awards, partnerships, and opportunities.
- Support and maintain the relationship with client’s procurement or other outsourcing units.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration, sales, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in a sales related role, preferably within the life sciences or healthcare industry.
- A deep understanding of the life sciences sales cycle.
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Proven client relationship management experience, robust pipeline build, and the ability to close transactions with prominent business executives at all levels
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
Vault is a high growth, fast paced organization. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical. Willingness and ability to travel domestically is required, it is anticipated that this will be less than 20 % of work time.
Who You Are:
- Dynamic, gregarious individual with a constant focus on the growth of Life Sciences
- “Hunter” mentality with a background in the life sciences / healthcare / clinical trials space with an understanding of the industry (Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, Academic, CRO)
- High comfort level with ambiguity; adapting to change, learning, and growth
- Proactive, forward-looking, flexible and creative team player who enjoys collaborating and getting things done without an ego
- Open to receiving and giving feedback
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, with a strong ability to multi-task and shift priorities when needed
- Entrepreneurial approach to responsibilities
Vault Health is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.