The Sr. Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics will lead our Business Intelligence and Analytics Engineering team. They will set goals, expand the team, and drive the way the company engages with data, both internally & externally. To achieve this, the Sr. Director will work cross functionally across: Operations, Vault Medical Group, Product Management and Engineering, Finance, Government and Enterprise Sales and Executive leadership. The expectation is to set the standard for empowering the organization with data.
An ideal candidate will be able to move comfortably between idea generation, sales support, outcomes measurement while feeling comfortable in a highly regulated environment where strong data governance is paramount. They will be easily able to move between the technical challenges of standing up a flexible data pipeline and modeling to working closely with our customers and business leads to identify opportunities for creating value and delighting our patients.
What You’ll Do:
- Grow and lead a team of business intelligence analysts/analytics engineers that provide insights, analysis, and reporting tools that help marketing, operations, finance, and product leaders understand business performance and opportunities.
- Partner with product management to chart the roadmap of enterprise reporting and data visualization products at Vault including all required local, state, and federal reporting requirements to healthcare agencies
- Partner with engineering to define data architectures and infrastructure requirements for scalable, reliable reporting and data management
- Partner with enterprise sales to analyze healthcare claims data and demonstrate the Vault Health
- Partner with government solutions
- Build a world class team that includes hiring new leaders as well as mentoring junior analysts on the concepts of analytics engineering
- Have 7+ years experience leading data organizations and platforms
- Are an experienced manager and/or business analyst teams
- Have a degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar domain (Ph.D., Master’s or advanced degree preferred)
- Are able to initiate and lead projects to completion in a scrappy environment.
- Are familiar with analytics engineering (https://www.getdbt.com/what-is-analytics-engineering/) or espouse the concepts promoted within (dbt experience or familiarity preferred)
- You are hands-on when it comes to data; you are eager and able to dive into the databases yourself and fill gaps as needed while you build out your teams.
- Are proficient in one or more analytics & visualization tools (preferably Tableau)
- Have experience in strategy consulting, analytics or research provider with client facing professional experience
- Have worked at an organization which handles regulated data (Healthcare & HIPAA specific experience is appreciated, but not required)
Vault Health is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.