Vault Health is a leading virtual-first healthcare platform that specializes in delivering remote diagnostics and specialty care to consumers directly, through their employers, and through their local public health agencies. Vault also leverages its virtual platform to facilitate decentralized clinical trials for companies in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries. Vault is a leading provider of at-home FDA-approved COVID-19 testing in the U.S., whose solution has been deployed to numerous local and state governments, airlines, universities, professional athletic teams, companies, and organizations. Today, Vault employs more than 500 employees across the country and expects to continue growing as we expand our products and services.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join the still early stage of a rapidly growing digital healthcare company on the cusp of making a huge impact to healthcare. This is a 100% remote position. As an early employee, you’ll have the chance to define and work on the foundational elements of the company. In addition to our mission, we provide a great learning environment as well as competitive wage and stock options in an early stage company.
Our core tech stack is React.js, GraphQL, Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, and AWS. You should be familiar with modern cloud technology and are willing to learn new ones.
About the Opportunity
You will be responsible for leading a high performing, cross functional engineering team to maintain and deliver product with quality, timeliness, and scalability. Success at Vault means delivering customer success and employee growth. You will attract, hire and mentor engineers across all experience level. You care about engineer's careers and goals, work well with product owners, and communicate confidently with business owners and external stakeholders.
- Work with product managers to align on common business goals and develop tactical strategies (resource plan, estimation of project deadline) to help the team execute rapidly
- Hire, mentor, promote, counsel, and nurture engineers at all levels including new grads and level engineers
- Encourage and lead the team to solve tough technical problems with creative solutions to overcome the "last mile" of delivering successful project and achieving operational excellence
- Manage performance and solve tough people issues
- Lead teams through times of rapid growth
- Develop, implement, manage changes in process and tooling to support growth
- Champion data driven approach to understand broad customer experience metrics — such as performance metrics, error rates, feature adoption rate.
- Balance new feature development and improvement of existing features based on deep understanding of customer experience metrics
- Promote knowledge sharing, collaboration, code quality, and productivity improvement
- Domain knowledge in digital healthcare is helpful but so is the passion for changing healthcare
- Align with our organizational focus on efficiency, long term thinking, and passion for technology.
- Devoted to growing and caring for the team. Enjoy solving engineers’ problems so they can focus on delivering product
- Having been an effective individual contributor in the past, with technical skills that gain the respect of junior engineers
- Hands-on servant leader. Ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done when needed in order to help your team, for example, standing up a new ticketing application, or learn a new technology tool to teach others, or find the best pizza place to order lunch
- Possesses cross functional experience: Development, QA, DevOps, SRE, Cloud and CI/CD skills to know that majority of engineering work happens after feature goes live
- Data driven decision maker. Know key platform and customer metrics by heart
Vault Health is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.