Vault Health is a leading virtual-first healthcare platform that specializes in delivering remote diagnostics and specialty care to consumers directly, through their employers, and through their local public health agencies. Vault also leverages its virtual platform to facilitate decentralized clinical trials for companies in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries. Vault is a leading provider of at-home FDA-approved COVID-19 testing in the U.S., whose solution has been deployed to numerous local and state governments, airlines, universities, professional athletic teams, companies, and organizations. Today, Vault employs more than 500 employees across the country and expects to continue growing as we expand our products and services.
About the Opportunity
As our Software Development Engineer in Test (fully remote), you will ensure that Vault products are released on time with solid test automation coverage. You will create, run and improve efficient and speedy automated regression test cycles. Vault being a startup, you will greatly influence the future direction of the testing architecture. This is a 100% remote position.
- Be involved in the entire SDLC. Review upcoming stories before implementation to understand requirements
- Draft and maintain test plans
- Implement automation tools and test frameworks
- Create automated tests integrated into CI/CD pipelines delivered as part of the story before go live. The tests should aim to create an Agile Test Pyramid with an optimal blend of UI, API, smoke, integration, and acceptance tests
- Perform occasional manual tests as needed, for example as part of release smoke test
- Proactively review, analyze end user quality metrics such as front end and API error rates. Participate in triage and troubleshooting incoming production issues as a member of engineering team owning the system
- Drive adoption of quality practice by training other engineers and distribute ownership of test creation across the team
- Grow your career. Become an integral part of an R&D org that values toil reduction and process innovation via cross functional collaboration and versatility. We encourage engineers to work cross functionally, wear many hats when needed in order to prevent silos forming over time. We believe this creates an innovation environment for idea sharing and career growth
- First and foremost, you are a strong software engineer. SDETs are software engineers who have a strong quality focus and practice sound software engineering disciplines — thinking in design, system component architecture, interfaces, code quality, code review.
- Passion for automation and want to create tests that are robust, can catch meaningful defects that impact end user
- 4 years of software engineering experience, including experience as SDET
- Experience with automation frameworks testing front end and API’s such as Selenium, Appium, Cypress, pytest, and Cucumber
- Solid understanding of code structure, unit testing, mocking, load testing
- Experience with cross browser compatibility testing of web applications, mobile applications
- Experience working with CI/CD tools
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- You love to learn, especially about how software interacts with networked systems at scale including polyglot databases, data pipeline, messaging, and third party services. As an engineering organization, we value and cultivate a culture of learning and development to enable everyone to grow and learn
- You are a hard worker and are adaptable to a startup environment
- You are able to work independently as part of our 100% remote team
Bonus Points For:
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- DevOps experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and infrastructure as code
- Experience with HIPAA, PCI, or other high security coding environments
- Open source contributions
Vault Health is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.