At Vast, our mission is to contribute to a future where billions of people are living and thriving in space. We are building artificial gravity space stations, allowing long-term stays in space without the adverse effects of zero-gravity. Our initial crewed space habitat will be Haven-1, scheduled to be the world’s first commercial space station when it launches into low earth orbit in August 2025. Our team is all-in, committed to executing our mission safely and on time. If you want to work with the most talented people on Earth furthering space exploration for humanity, come join us.
Vast is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator, reporting to the Manager of Supply Chain, to support the development of the systems that will be required for the design and build of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. This will be a full-time, non-exempt position located primarily in our Hawthorne location.
- Transact shipping/receiving operations in ERP system
- Receive all incoming shipments, collect documentation and properly move/store material for future use
- Create and print barcode labels and any other
- File and maintain documentation and records for all incoming shipments
- Generate shipping labels for any outgoing shipments
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, screen for damage and match deliverables to packing slips
- Collaborate with couriers, scheduled deliveries and stakeholders from relating departments to quickly resolve any issues with shipping/receiving operations
- Make small delivery/pickups utilizing company vehicle as needed
- 1+ years of experience in shipping/receiving or inventory control
- 2+ years of experience with ERP software and generating barcodes
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in Aerospace inventory background
- Experience with facilities within an aerospace industry
- Knowledge of computer applications and the ability to easily navigate through different computer software programs
- Experience with ERP systems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, vendors, and customers
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic direction.
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends to support critical mission milestones
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
- Shipping and Receiving Coordinator I: $19.50 - $24.00
- Shipping and Receiving Coordinator II: $23.00-$28.00
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.