Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
Vast is looking for a Precision Cleaning Technician, reporting to the Fabrication Supervisor, to support the development of the systems that will be required for the design and build of artificial-gravity human-rated space stations. This will be a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Hawthorne location. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment where quick communication and effective execution are key.
This position is for our 2nd shift schedule, which operates from 2pm-10:30pm.
- Perform sample collection.
- Handle solvents and other chemicals.
- Maintain lot number traceability and serialization of parts.
- Maintain Inventory of lab consumables.
- Perform chemical processing/metal finishing using all applicable methods.
- Precision cleaning to IEST-STD-CC1246 standard.
- Work in pre-clean and cleanroom environments according to proper protocols.
- Particle count and NVR for entire cleanrooms.
- Maintain cleanliness of lab.
- Analyze and implement projects to improve the work center.
- Provide technical support of chemical processing within Vast.
- Ensure all processes are available, monitoring processing and lab equipment condition/replacement needs, tracking parameters to ensure safety of hardware and operators as well as product, ensure all documentation is current and coordinate with EH&S.
- Manage chemical inventory of production line and chemical laboratory.
- Perform chemical additions and adjustments of process chemistry based off analytical data and trends.
- Solve and troubleshoot chemical processing difficulties.
- Utilize computer software such as Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- 3+ years of experience working in a precision cleaning or metal finishing role.
- 2+ years of experience mixing and using chemical coatings.
- 5+ years in the metal finishing/chemical processing field.
- Knowledge of metallic chemical processing; chemical conversion coating, passivation, cleaning, electroplating, and anodizing.
- Experience with industrial equipment, chemical work, or electrochemical operations (electroplating, anodizing, conversion coatings, cleaning of unusual metals, etc.)
- Experience selecting and assembling mechanical hardware.
- Experience documenting work in official records or work reports.
- Eagerness and demonstrated record of working as a member of small teams to accomplish tasks safely and efficiently.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and careful work practices around industrial hazards.
- Post ProcessingTechnician I: $21.00- $28.00
- Post ProcessingTechnician II: $24.00-$33.00
U.S. EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE STATUSThe person hired will have access to information and items subject to U.S. export controls, and therefore, must either be a “U.S. person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.62 or otherwise eligible for deemed export licensing. This status includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents (green card holders), and asylees and refugees with such status granted, not pending.