Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors is seeking a talented Sales Manager to join our team in Tempe and help us continue our national growth and expansion. Varsity Tutors is a live learning platform that connects students and professionals with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. To date, students have accessed more than three million hours of live instruction on the platform. Experts are available to meet in person or through the company’s award-winning online and mobile platforms, which account for the majority of all sessions.
Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV. The funds will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time.
The Sales Manager will have a direct impact on business growth as we help more people achieve their academic goals and help us continue our national expansion. The individual in this role will lead a team of sales professionals and is responsible for the hiring, management, development, and performance of the team. He or she will lead and develop a talented sales team that assesses needs, sells tutoring packages, strengthens client relations, and provides high-quality service to our clients. The individual in this role will work directly with other sales leaders and company executives and will have a strong influence on the ongoing strategies and growth of the company.
- Completion of 4-year bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of inside sales management experience
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- Experience developing sales plans and analyzing metrics
- Demonstrated ability to implement and train sales teams in strategic selling techniques
- Experience in hiring, developing, and managing a high-performing salesforce
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- All candidates must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
- Hire and effectively onboard high-performing sales representatives and client sales representatives
- Continually coach and develop staff to ensure success and improved results, and implement performance plans
- Manage day-to-day performance of all sales team members and deliver performance reviews
- Hit all performance targets for number of new clients, repeat purchases, conversion rates, revenue and others as determined by company
- Assess and understand the needs of our clients
- Work with sales leadership to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives
- Lead and schedule weekly team meetings
- Embody company culture and maintain high employee engagement
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications
- Train and ensure adherence to sales process
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. (INDHP)