Varsity Tutors is looking for a talented Senior Visual Designer to join the UX & Design Team. The Senior Visual Designer will report to the Head of UX & Design and will play a key role in supporting the Varsity Tutors brand and marketing teams. The ideal candidate is a strong conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of visual design skills, including expertise in multi-platform digital campaigns and branding.
Varsity Tutors is a fast growing education technology company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV, which will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time. Come join our fast growing team!
- Help concept creative solutions to meet business objectives.
- Design pixel-perfect content and campaigns, including but not limited to online ads (primarily Facebook and Instagram), marketing emails (including gifs), website landing pages, and micro-sites.
- Have solid visual design skills and can easily work your way around Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Continuously gather inspiration, follow industry trends, and provide input to art directors, photographers, and copywriters.
- Work through the ambiguity that would otherwise block teams from making progress.
- Gracefully accept feedback, rapidly implement design revisions, and meticulously prep files for development.
- Diligently communicate project status and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with the Design Team and business partners to ensure the integrity and quality of your work.
- Work within existing and evolving brand guidelines to implement and scale projects into development; assist with the maintenance of evolving Brand Guidelines as needed.
- Manage workload independently while juggling multiple projects and priorities, but also know when to ask for help.
- 7+ years of full-time, professional design experience
- Undergraduate degree in design or portfolio school certification
- A strong understanding of visual design best practices including composition, typography, and color theory demonstrated in your portfolio
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to take direction, remain organized, communicate effectively and work autonomously
- Outstanding professional references
- Photo editing skills
Bonus, but not required:
- Experience creating motion graphics using After Effects
- Knowledge/understanding of UX design best practices
- Copywriting skills
- Photography skills
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday (for your birthday!)
- VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- Flexible "work from home" options
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture.
- An office located right on Pier 56, just south of the Seattle Aquarium and Great Wheel!
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. (INDHP)