Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors is seeking a versatile Senior Marketing Manager to help manage, enhance, and develop the company’s customer acquisition strategies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly analytical, results-oriented, have a strong bias for action, and be intellectually curious. The Sr. Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping to scale key channels such as paid social marketing (i.e. Facebook), affiliate, PPC/paid search, display, or other channels.
Varsity Tutors is a fast growing education technology company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV, which will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time. Come join our fast growing team and help change how the world learns!
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; Advanced Excel and basic SQL experience is preferred.
- Experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Bonus points for strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- Identify, experiment with, prove out, and scale acquisition channels
- Create strategies to engage leads and convert them to customers.
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- When needed, collaborate with design, marketing, engineering, and BI teams.
- Once acquisition channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
- Can own acquisition programs end-to-end, including integrating with third-party APIs. (INDHP)