Varsity Tutors is seeking a data-driven Senior Operations Analyst to join our fast growing team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and a self-starter, display strong ownership, and have a bias for data and action. The Sr. Operations Analyst analyzes, develops, and optimizes sales operations in vertically integrated segments. The person in this role will also collaborate with the executive team and sales leaders to transform sales operations through user acquisition growth, conversion funnel growth, building and evolving forecasting and optimization models. The Sr. Analyst will also help solve complex operational challenges to grow and expand the company in domestic and international markets.
Varsity Tutors is a fast growing education technology company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal.
Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV. The funds will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters/MBA Degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a business/operations analysis capacity using analytical tools and methods to identify trends and develop projections
- Hands on experience building forecasting and resource optimization models; operations research experience highly desired.
- Advanced Excel skills and basic SQL skills are required
- Google Analytics and data-visualization experience is a plus
- Highly analytical, quantitative orientation and able to learn quickly
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying levels of complexity and communicate status reports, problems, and potential solutions to management and other company employees
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving, decision-making, leadership, oral and written skills
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Design, develop, create, document, and test business metrics and insights from informal business ideas or objectives.
- Develop project timelines, budgets, requirements, and costs for projects and implementations of business initiatives
- Construct models for measuring and forecasting customer retention/churn
- Communicate campaign prioritization and resource allocation to management, co-workers, and other company employees
- Manage special projects related to key business initiatives to drive short and long-term value while incurring minimal technical debt
- Prepare and present page performance results and project plans to executive leadership
- Build and analyze dashboards and reports to generate operational insights and strategies (INDHP)
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.