About Varsity Tutors
We are helping change the way the world learns.
Our mission is simple: helping people learn! We provide in-person and online tutoring through our Live Learning Platform. With a powerful combination of video chat, interactive tools, and collaborative workspaces at their fingertips, students can enjoy all the benefits of a face-to-face tutoring experience anywhere in the world. Varsity Tutors has also launched its TestPrep4All initiative, the nation's first-ever FREE live, online ACT/SAT test prep classes. These classes feature highly-experienced instructors, adaptive assessment tools, and practice exams.
Varsity Tutors closed a $50M Series C funding round in 2018, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV.
Yes, we’re a tech company. But more than that, we’re a people company. It’s our job to understand students, and help set them up for success. If you love learning, technology, and making a true impact you’re going to love working here.
About the Job:
As an Education Sales Specialist, you are the first person that our prospective clients are speaking to. We look for individuals who are highly motivated, have the ability to understand the ever-changing needs of parents and students, and share our passion for helping students all around the world. This role is focused on educating prospective clients on how our services work and owns the initial communication as a subject matter expert and problem solver. We know that Varsity Tutors can help accomplish everyone’s learning goals and our Education Sales Specialists help get it all started.
Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to use their educational backgrounds and expertise to drive sales through creative and innovative solutions. Come join our fast-growing team and help change how the world learns!
In this position you will:
- Contact prospective clients that have already expressed interest in Varsity Tutors - NO COLD CALLING!
- Enrich the lives of others and provide a truly exceptional experience, one client at a time
- Discover the needs of prospective clients and effectively communicate the benefits of our services
- Manage your book of business in our CRM to ensure we can properly follow up and place tutors
- Plan to exceed expectations through a metrics-driven performance standard
- Bachelor level degree in any major is preferred
- Education, admissions, or educational sales experience preferred
- An eagerness for learning and helping others learn
- Ability to consult through conducting needs analysis and offering product-based solutions
- General computer and email knowledge – we use Google Suite and Apple products
- Knowledge in K-12, college courses and test prep
- Experience in full cycle sales and/or business development
- Flexible schedule with availability to work some evenings/weekends
- CRM experience is preferred
- Passion for being part of a team that is dedicated to making a difference for our clients
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- On target earnings for Sales Representatives are $50,000 - $55,000 annually
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Access to a fully stocked kitchen
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday (for your birthday!)
- VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate family members
- Try a free trial of our Live Learning Platform here: https://www.varsitytutors.com/freetrial
About Training and Development:
- No sales experience? No worries! We offer an initial three-month tiered training program with ongoing career development and opportunities for growth.
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close deals
- Become an expert in education courses and the world of test prep
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. (INDHP) Similar: Admissions Representative, Enrollment Counselor, Faculty Manager, Center Director, Account Executive, Account Manager, Inside Sales, Business Development Representative, Sales Representative