This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in Mexico.
Varis stands as a pioneering force in the realm of digital procurement and commerce, serving as the nexus where buying organizations and suppliers seamlessly unite, forge contracts, transact, and prosper together. As a rapidly ascending technology startup, our core focus lies in digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement, specifically within the dynamic landscape of B2B e-commerce.
At the heart of Varis beats an unwavering commitment to innovation and a customer-centric ethos that is poised to revolutionize business-to-business marketplaces. Joining our team at this juncture is akin to stepping onto the ground floor of an extraordinary opportunity to co-shape our destiny. Here, you'll not only witness but actively participate in the direct impact of your work, surrounded by a cadre of passionate individuals. You'll find yourself at the epicenter of a profoundly dynamic business model teeming with untapped individual and collective potential.
Your passion, innovation, and creativity are the very catalysts that will propel us to unprecedented heights. Join us today and be instrumental in propelling Varis into a future brimming with promise and possibility.
To easily apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Sr. SDET, you will be an integral team member of our Quality Engineering team, contributing greatly to this pivotal transformation in the B2B space. In this role, you will assist with the creation of innovative test automation solutions to drive high quality solutions for complex and high-risk business situations. You will assist with designing and building a test automation framework and test suite that delivers a high quality and exceptional customer experience, as well as maintain and enhance the system long term. Working as an integral part of the Quality Engineering team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with product engineering, infrastructure, and UI/UX teams to create and maintain the test automation framework as well as the integration of test scripts into our CI/CD pipeline. You will help build clear, detailed reporting to keep our stakeholders informed (including Senior Leadership). You will mentor junior SDETs and define best practices.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you have 5-7 years of experience creating and maintaining test automation frameworks and tools, test scripts, test monitoring, and test reporting expertise. This includes expertise with tools such as Selenium, Appium, NodeJs, WebdriverIO, Playwright, Java and as well as experience with cloud technologies and Kubernetes is a plus.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with leadership and engineering teams to address and overcome challenges by improving our automation framework.
- Lead the identification and definition of key test architectures, components, and interfaces as well as test data/information flows.
- Be responsible for automation and execution of software quality assurance tests in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Evangelize best practices with Engineering teams.
- Mentor junior SDETs.
- Partner with development managers to triage issues and identify root causes proactively.
- In partnership with test engineering leadership, create innovative, multi-disciplinary technical/ functional solutions to problems and devise solutions for complex and high-risk business situations.
- Act on your own initiative and be aware of market conditions and technical innovations to provide solutions to problems before they occur.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of current best practices and emerging trends within the technical architecture and test automation development arenas.
- Design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment.
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Varis team.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English language.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related discipline.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in designing, developing, and deploying large scale automation test frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience creating automation test scripts using Selenium (WebDriverIO, PlayWright).
- Experience creating and/or enhancing testing frameworks (keyword driven/data driven/BDD/hybrid).
- Experience with API automated testing using Karate or any API test automation framework .
- Strong experience in analyzing test automation failures and applying smart failure analysis technique for resolution.
- Natural problem solver.
- Ability to mentally model complex systems and then break down complex problems into smaller, less complex problems.
- Detail-oriented team player with strong communication skills.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery using Jenkins, GitHub, and Maven or any other CI/CD platform.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, preferably PostgreSQL, MySQL, Couchbase, MongoDB.
- Experience with Jira or any other defect management tool.
- Experience creating and implementing test automation guidelines and best practices.
- Knowledge of containers and virtualization.
- Should be skilled enough to interact with different teams for test automation solutions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% remote work in Mexico
- Christmas bonus
- Vacation and personal days
- Vacation bonus
- Profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Savings fund
- Food vouchers
- Telework allowance