This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in Mexico.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP). We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement and business-to-business (B2B) Marketplaces. Our culture is focused on a bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) solutions to learn, then either failing or scaling fast as we iterate towards our product goals.
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
Apply quickly by emailing your resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org
What You’ll Do
- We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst for our Business Planning and Strategy team. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will work closely with Product Managers, Program Managers, Business Operation Managers, and Software Developers to generate actionable insights that guide operational excellence and product development.
- Your work will have a direct impact on decision-making and strategy for our team. You will support this initiative by developing business metrics and reports, analyzing current processes to provide solutions for improvements, and helping executive leaders make key business decisions.
- The successful candidate will communicate effectively across teams and levels while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing and ad-hoc metrics, reports, and analyses, that drive key business decisions
- Gather and analyze data for potential business expansion
- Prepare and present results of analysis and reports along with their relative impact(s) to the business to all levels of management.
- Create reports, dashboards, and visualizations with business intelligence tools (excel, visualization tools, and SQL), to understand business performance
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions
- Coordinate with different departmental teams to produce better business outcomes
- Collaborate with the product manager on roadmap planning and prioritization
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Supply Chain or a related field
- 7+ years in corporate operations.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role.
- 2+ years of experience with business metrics reporting for corporate functions like finance/sales etc.
- Experience in supporting C-level is a big bonus.
- Excel modeling.
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools like PowerBI and Tableau.
- SQL proficiency, can write basic SQL queries
- Knowledge of DAX is desirable
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with both technical and business audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Ability to display complex data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with Sales, Finance and Executive teams
- Domain knowledge of eCommerce/indirect procurement/Saas is desirable
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% remote work in Mexico
- Christmas bonus
- Vacation and personal days
- Vacation bonus
- Profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Savings fund
- Food vouchers
- Telework allowance
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates.