Compassion-Investing whatever is necessary to heal the hurts of others.
Diligence-Investing all my energy to complete the tasks assigned to me.
Responsibility-Knowing and doing what is expected of me.
Flexibility-Willingness to change plans or ideas without getting upset.
Initiative-Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it.
Physician (M.D. or D.O.) cares and addresses health care issues that are specific to women of all ages and are specially trained to provide care during pregnancy, childbirth, the postpartum period, and care of the newborn. Provides health care to the patients of VARIETY CARE, following the standards of the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) and at the direction of the Medical Director and/or Supervising Physician.
OKC: Your Place To Be!
Your next hometown may surprise you. Sure, Oklahoma City boasts clean air. Low crime. Easy commutes. Friendly people. New and renovated schools. An award-winning, family favorite zoo and a fantastic hands-on science museum. Fresh farmers markets and trendy local coffee shops. An exciting, dynamic arts and music scene. A cradle of entrepreneurship. More than 300 days of sunshine per year. A great sense of community. Even an NBA team calls OKC home.
But what's different about Oklahoma City? For starters, you can still dream big. Far from losing that pioneer spirit that took our city from a population of zero to 10,000 with the sharp report of a starter's pistol, we thrive on it. Here, a renewed emphasis on public improvements and large-scale projects has helped propel our renaissance and make OKC a big-league city, while also keeping us a great place to live, work, and play. This enterprise and energy is evident everywhere, whether you're kayaking on the Oklahoma River, checking out the Chihuly glass exhibit at the Museum of Art, or cheering on the Oklahoma City Thunder. From hot urban hustle to sociable and safe suburbia, Oklahoma City not only makes it all possible, but makes it easy. Check us out and see why in OKC, it's truly a better living and a better life. Click here to find out more about our beautiful, growing city! Find out more about OKC!
Job Duties and Description: Requirements:
- Provides quality, comprehensive, accessible and cost effective patient care through clinical expertise, role modeling, mentoring, consultation, interdisciplinary collaboration and utilization of research.
- Performs clinical decision-making that is professional, innovative synthesis of knowledge, clinical evidence, research, scientific theory and nursing process.
- Practice excellence and technical assistance is promoted through helping relationships among nursing staff and across other disciplines - nurses, support staff and administrative staff.
- Follow protocols which provide medical authority when such are indicated in providing care.
- Performs physical examinations, screenings and assessments of patients.
- Selects orders and/or perform tests and procedures to augment physical findings.
- Utilizes appropriate laboratory tests using prescribed methods and techniques; determines normal and abnormal test results; and develops a health care plan based upon analyzed data.
- Define/document differential diagnoses and list differential diagnoses with most likely diagnoses included.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as deemed necessary and appropriate for plan of care.
- Interpret data and diagnostic results for appropriate course of action including but not limited to blood gases, radiology, EKG, etc.
- Secures health histories from patients and notate findings and treatment course in patient electronic health chart including follow-up notes.
- Under direct and indirect supervision of a physician, diagnoses, plans and implements a comprehensive medical care plan based upon the patient’s health needs.
- Provides continuity to an individualized health care program for patients by referring to or collaborating with VARIETY CARE physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Provides instruction and counseling to individuals, families and/or groups and respects the patient’s personal desires in support of a caring environment focused on healing and preventive care.
- Identifies health care needs within the community and makes recommendations on comprehensive health care for patients.
- Assists in planning and providing in-service training as needed.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines and VARIETY CARE policy and procedures as it relates to privacy.
- Support Variety Care’s accreditation as a Patient Centered Medical Home and our commitment to provide care to all Variety patients that is Safe, Effective, Patient Centered, Timely, Efficient, and Equitable. Provide leadership and work with all staff to achieve the goals of the “Triple Aim” of healthcare reform—to improve the experience of care, improve health outcomes, and decrease healthcare costs
- Performs related duties as required and assigned by the Director of Women’s Health.
Requirements, Special Skills or Knowledge:
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy from an accredited university, licensed in Oklahoma prior to start date.
- Graduate of an accredited Pediatric Residency Program.
- Board-certified with the American Board of Pediatrics, or board-eligible with board certification required within 2 years after completion of residency.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding “bedside manners”: patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient.
- Outstanding clinical capabilities and judgment.
- Focused on collaborative team-based care.
- Responsive and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high accountability environment. Proficient in EHR systems.
- Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resources where they will be most useful. Comfortable receiving and providing constructive feedback.
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with a culturally diverse patient and staff population.
- Passionate about providing high quality primary health care to low-income, under-served residents and those who lack access to health care.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Able to assist patients on and off an exam table when necessary.
- Must have excellent concentration ability.