Department: Human Resources
Employee Category: Exempt
Reporting Relationship: Human Resources Director
Dependability: Fulfilling what I consented to do, even if it means unexpected sacrifice.
Flexibility: Willingness to change plans or ideas without getting upset.
Hospitality: Cheerfully sharing food, shelter, and friendship with others.
Orderliness: Arranging myself and my surroundings to achieve greater efficiency.
Thoroughness: Knowing what factors will diminish the effectiveness of my work or words if neglected.
Persuasiveness: Understanding other so I can effectively communicate with them.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, the Recruiter is responsible for managing the full-cycle recruitment of the non-provider (physician) positions within Variety Care. Duties include sourcing, recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding qualified candidates. Responsible for maintaining the applicant tracking system and all candidate records. Works directly with hiring managers, directors, and/or executives for recruiting purposes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts all recruiting efforts for all non-provider positions: sourcing, interviewing, screening and testing applicants to fill vacant positions.
- Builds relationships with hiring managers to ensure positions are filled with appropriate staff timely and effectively.
- Reviews and approves personnel requisitions through the applicant tracking system (ATS) and makes necessary corrections. Ensures every requisition is within the budgeted salary range and approved by upper management.
- Responsible for posting and announcing job openings. Designs and publishes job advertisement with various job posting sites as requested by hiring managers. Attend multiple job fairs, brands and promotes Variety Care as the employer of choice.
- Screens applications and resumes for qualified candidates. Performs initial review of applications to assess skills, competency and qualified for appropriate match available openings. Conducts telephone interviews. Schedules and holds face to face interviews along with the hiring manager.
- Reviews the daily applicant flow, maintains a talent pool and notifies qualified applicants of new positions. Maintains current recruitment related records and files, creates manager interview packets and updates through the ATS.
- Provides ATS training to hiring managers and creates logins for recently hired managers.
- Coordinates all activities associated with issuing job offers to candidates including, but not limited to completing reference verifications, work history, educational backgrounds, and post offer drug screen/health assessment.
- Coordinates and ensures all new hire employees are scheduled for the next available orientation program.
- Builds relationships with vocational schools with Medical Assistant and Dental Assistant programs. Responsible for organizing student externships at the health centers with the approval of the Practice Administrators and Director of Clinical Services. Volunteers to speak at vocational schools and present interview skills workshop for their students as requested.
- Prepares and processes all new hire paperwork for the personnel file including approving the
Form I-9, completing the E-Verify and ensuring the new employee checklist is completed.
- Provides ATS training to hiring managers as needed and creates new logins for new hiring managers.
- Runs data reports as requested: time-to-fill, cost-to-fill, candidate source, as well as other recruiting specific reports.
- Fosters an atmosphere within the Human Resources department that promotes quality service to Variety Care patients and internal customers through active listening, attention to accuracy and personal responsibility for business outcomes.
- As a productive team member, communicate and interact with all levels of management and staff to effectively coordinate special projects and develop working relationships to further the goals and objectives of Variety Care.
- Support Variety Care’s accreditation as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and our commitment to provide care to all Variety patients that is Safe, Effective, Patient-Centered, Timely, Efficient, and Equitable. Provide leadership and work with all staff to achieve the goals of the “Triple Aim” of healthcare reform—to improve the experience of care, improve health outcomes, and decrease healthcare costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Special Skills or Knowledge:
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- At least five years as a Human Resource professional with experience in managing full-cycle recruiting.
- Ability to work and concentrate in a multi-faceted, cubicle office setting.
- Must possess excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to honor diversity among employees.
- Must possess strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong typing and computer application skills required.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must have excellent concentration ability.
- Ability to travel to health centers as needed.