LPN-Licensed Practical Nurse
(Temporary 4-6 months)
Character First qualities:
Dependability- Fulfilling what I consented to do, even if it means unexpected sacrifice.
Discretion- Recognizing an avoiding words, actions, and attitudes that could bring undesirable consequences.
Flexibility- Willingness to change plans or ideas without getting upset.
Initiative- Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it.
Responsibility- Knowing and doing what is expected of me.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists medical providers with patient examinations, pre-visit questions, treatments and procedures as directed by the provider, while maintaining efficient flow of patients through the clinic.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calls patient to the appropriate location for pre-examination information gathering.
- Accurately measures and records information: height, weight, respiration, pulse, blood pressure, temperature, SpO2 and head circumference as appropriate. Records all measurements and information gathered in patients’ electronic medical record (EMR).
- Documents patient’s stated chief complaint in electronic medical record.
- Administers medications and injections under Provider’s direction.
- Administers immunizations under Provider’s directions, including providing VIS and follow up. Updates vaccine information in OSIIS and patient’s EHR accurately.
- Prepares and restocks supplies in examination rooms daily and for subsequent patients.
- Functions as immunization coordinator for clinic when needed.
- Rounds with and submits reports to State of Oklahoma Immunization Field Coordinator on a routine and as needed basis.
- Maintains temperatures, controls and reports of Vaccines for Children (VFC) and any Private Stock Vaccines, according to established CDC guidelines.
- Administers, interprets and documents TB tests accurately.
- Able to assist providers in physical exams and procedures as directed.
- Disposes of contaminated items according to VARIETY CARE policy.
- Follows “Universal Precautions” for safety regulations, uses PPE as task on hand requires.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines and VARIETY CARE policy and procedures as it relates to privacy.
- Arranges for referrals outside VARIETY CARE, as requested by the provider. Advises patient accordingly. Answers questions regarding the referral.
- Assists with medical emergencies as directed by provider.
- Supports plan of care and patient education in line with provider’s recommendations.
- Support Variety Care’s accreditation as a Patient Centered Medical Home and our commitment to provide care to all Variety patients that is Safe, Effective, Patient Centered, Timely, Efficient, and Equitable. Provide leadership and work with all staff to achieve the goals of the “Triple Aim” of healthcare reform—to improve the experience of care, improve health outcomes, and decrease healthcare costs.
- Embodies the strength of personal character. Places value on being an open and honest communicators who displays high moral and ethical conduct, integrity, adaptability, and sound judgment. Must be a leader in the department and community. Result-oriented problem solver who is responsible and accountable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Special Skills or Knowledge:
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
- Active Oklahoma LPN license.
- Demonstrates ability to obtain and record accurate information.
- Ability to use or willing to learn electronic medical records software.
- Must be able to use basic computer skills including data entry and typing.
- Demonstrates, to the satisfaction of the RN or Clinical Director, an ability to administer medications and injections, has knowledge of instrumentation used in lab point of care testing, as directed.
- Able to communicate with the patient population.
- Able to maintain confidentiality with information.
- Able to work in a multi-faceted, fast paced environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Previous clinic or primary practice experience preferred.
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Able to assist patients on to and off of exam table when asked or directed.