- Flexibility- Willingness to change plans or ideas without getting upset
- Initiative- Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it
- Thoroughness- Knowing what factors will diminish the effectiveness of my work or words, if neglected
- Punctuality –Showing esteem for others by doing the right thing at the right time
- Tolerance- Accepting others at different maturity levels
- Endurance- The inward strength to withstand stress and do my best
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides outreach and health education in family planning, birth control methods, STI prevention, HIV/AIDS education, consent, body image, sexual orientation, and other areas as indicated. Provides and coordinates outreach to the student body about teen friendly clinics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct Education classes on healthy relationships, reproduction, methods of birth control, and other varied subjects to a variety of audiences- teens, parents, and other organizations.
2. Comfortably teach sexual health education topics in a culturally and age appropriate manner.
3. Provide accurate sexual health information, while maintaining curriculum integrity.
4. Conduct outreach activities with OKCPS and school districts within Oklahoma County.
5. Work early mornings and occasionally work some evenings and weekends.
6. Memorize large amounts of information, procedures, and rules given both verbally and in writing, to accurately perform the required tasks.
7. Accurately enter large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Survey Monkey in a timely fashion with a minimal number of mistakes.
8. Develop partnerships with neighboring agencies to provide workshops and/or expertise in the field of adolescent health, sexuality and wellness.
9. Attend meetings and collaborate with staff, parents, volunteers and community residents as needed to assist in curriculum and program delivery as well as promotion and development.
10. Participate in training and staff development workshops.
11. Complete documents for assessment and evaluation for the program, participants, and parents.
12. Work closely with other members of the program team to effectively function as a cohesive unit.
13. Embodies the strength of personal character. Places value on being an open and honest communicator who displays high moral and ethical conduct, integrity, adaptability, and sound judgment. Must be a leader in the department and community. Result-oriented problem solver who is responsible and accountable.
14. Support Variety Care’s accreditation as a Patient Centered Medical Home and our commitment to provide care to all Variety patients that is Safe, Effective, Patient Centered, Timely, Efficient, and Equitable. Provide leadership and work with all staff to achieve the goals of the “Triple Aim” of healthcare reform—to improve the experience of care, improve health outcomes, and decrease healthcare costs.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements Special Skills or Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, teen pregnancy prevention, or other related field.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Health education preferred.
- Experienced with at risk youth.
- Experience working in a fast-paced classroom environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred with understanding of Hispanic/Latino cultural values.
- Dynamic facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to make effective presentations to diverse community groups and to work collaboratively with staff across various sites to meet program outcomes.
- Must have strong technology skills, good record keeping and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and familiarity with computer software such as Microsoft Office are a must.
- Energetic about adolescents and education.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to last-minute changes.
- Must possess the ability to memorize large amounts of information provided verbally and in writing in a short amount of time.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. Employee provides own transportation and must have proof of valid liability insurance. Mileage reimbursement is provided at Federal rate.
- Must be self-motivated and reliable.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.