Department: Information Technology
Position: Information Technology Systems Administrator
Employee Category: Exempt
Reporting Relationship: Manager of Information Technology
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for monitoring servers, storage area networks and network infrastructure. Manage, recommend, and perform maintenance and upgrades on servers, SANs, telecommunications equipment, and network components. Provide infrastructure planning and direction including capacity planning, performance analysis and trending, network architecture, and security reviews and documentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will administer, recommend, implement, and perform maintenance and upgrades on all backend infrastructure components (servers, storage area networks, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN gateways, etc…). Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Provide infrastructure planning and direction including capacity planning, performance analysis and trending, network architecture, and security reviews and documentation. Researches and evaluates new technologies. Collects and analyzes network, server and storage utilization.
- Monitors, designs, and implements network infrastructure, security equipment, servers, and storage area networks. Develops, implements and monitors systems backup/recovery strategy.
- Manage all levels of IT Security including firewalls and intrusion detection systems, and reviews all security logs. Helps to develop and publish security policies and standards. Audits PC, server, application, and other configurations to ensure they meet security standards. Responsible for disaster recovery contingency planning, testing, and execution.
- Responsible for the design and management of Active Directory. Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Will assist other IT staff in supporting all levels of the desktop and server environment; provides troubleshooting and resource management in the areas of networks, servers, PCs, printers, peripheral hardware products, and operating systems; provides informal training and guidelines to systems management, network client installation and configuration, printer setup and configuration, Windows tuning, software installation, etc.
- Support Variety Care’s accreditation as a Patient Centered Medical Home and our commitment to provide care to all Variety patients that is Safe, Effective, Patient Centered, Timely, Efficient, and Equitable. Provide leadership and work with all staff to achieve the goals of the “Triple Aim” of healthcare reform—to improve the experience of care, improve health outcomes, and decrease healthcare costs.
- Embodies the strength of personal character. Places value on being an open and honest communicators who displays high moral and ethical conduct, integrity, adaptability, and sound judgment. Must be a leader in the department and community. Result-oriented problem solver who is responsible and accountable.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Requirements, Special Skills or Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degreein Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of related experience required. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CISSP, CCNA, MCSE, VCP, or MCITP certifications a plus.
- Managing in excess of 50 Windows Server infrastructure.
- Expertise in server configurations Windows Server 2008/2012, MS Exchange server/Office 365 Exchange Hybrid, DFS, Active Directory, and backup technologies.
- Managing and implementing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESXI.
- Expertise in storage devices and protocols such as i-SCSI, FC, Replication, NAS, DAS, and VTL, including related best practices.
- Experience connecting storage devices to backup systems such as AppAssure/Rapid Recovery.
- Implementing deployments/rollouts
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Experience and implementation in IP networking and routing, LAN/WAN, routers, hubs, VPNs, and servers.
- Thorough experience of hardware and software systems to support medium size business enterprise network and data center environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- Understanding and implementing desktop/server virtualization concepts, procedures, and best practices.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length.
- Willingness to be on call.
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must have excellent concentration ability.