Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Examines and treats members of family, regardless of age or sex. Ensures proper injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Prescribes and administers medications, performs routine vaccinations, performs minor procedures and provides advice regarding personal health and hygiene. Requests necessary tests and follow-up visits and refers patients to specialists, as necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Deliver babies.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Operate on patients to remove, repair, or improve functioning of diseased or injured body parts and systems.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention or treatment of injury or illness.
- Train residents, medical students, and other health care professionals.
- Prepare government or organizational reports which include birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or medical status of individuals.
- Conduct research to study anatomy and develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent or control disease or injury.
- Support Variety Care’s pursuit of accreditation as a Patient Centered Medical Home and our commitment to provide care to all Variety patients that is Safe, Effective, Patient Centered, Timely, Efficient, and Equitable. Provide leadership and work with all staff to achieve the goals of the “Triple Aim” of healthcare reform—to improve the experience of care, improve health outcomes, and decrease healthcare costs.
- Embodies the strength of personal character. Places value on being an open and honest communicators who displays high moral and ethical conduct, integrity, adaptability, and sound judgment. Must be a leader in the department and community. Result-oriented problem solver who is responsible and accountable.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Special Skills or Knowledge:
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy, licensed in OK prior to start date
- Completion of three-year family practice residency
- Board-eligible from American Board of Family Medicine; board certification required within 2 years after completion of residency training
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Outstanding “bedside manners”: patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient
- Outstanding clinical capabilities and judgment
- Focused on collaborative team-based care
- Responsive and comfortable working in a past-faced, high accountability environment.
- Proficient in EHR systems
- Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resources where they will be most useful
- Comfortable receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with a culturally diverse patient and staff population
- Passionate about providing high quality primary health care to low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must have excellent concentration ability.