Variant Bio is a Seattle-based biotech company entering a rapid growth stage having recently closed a $100mm+ Series B. The company was started because we believe that human genetics has the power to transform drug development. We are working towards developing therapies to improve global health by studying the genes of people who are outliers for medically relevant traits. To facilitate this, we have built proprietary genomics and phenotyping platforms that allow us to dramatically reduce the cost of genomic studies and identify genetically-validated targets for therapeutic development.
All of our studies are co-designed with local partners: community groups, academics, and hospitals around the world, and we built Variant Bio from the ground up with ethics at its foundation. We recognize the contribution of our partners through an industry leading benefit-sharing program that dedicates 4% of our revenue and equity value to support local healthcare, sustainable development, education, research, and capacity-building initiatives.
Variant Bio is an equal opportunity employer that guarantees a work environment that respects and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Variant Bio is entering an exciting growth phase and is looking for an HR professional to join the team and manage the day to day human resources activities. This position presents an exciting opportunity for someone to take ownership of necessary and critical HR functions and grow with the company. It’s important to have the ability to be an independent thinker while contributing to the success of the company and work effectively across multiple departments.
- Act as the first point of contact on all HR related matters for employees.
- Develop and ensure adherence to all HR policies and procedures to meet company objectives.
- Coordinate all recruiting activities including candidate scheduling, tracking and onboarding for a rapidly growing team.
- Manage relationships with external payroll and benefits services providers.
- Together with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, develop and continuously oversee the DE&I program.
- 5 years of direct experience managing HR practices for a growing organization including recruiting, onboarding, performance evaluation process, and compensation and benefits strategies.
- Direct experience developing and implementing a proven Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program.
- Proven ability to recruit a wide variety of top-tier talent with diverse skill sets.
- Familiarity with recruiting software required, Greenhouse strongly preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail while managing competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to be present and listen.
- Experience protecting highly confidential information.
- Opportunity to be part of an early-stage startup entering a rapid growth phase.
- Competitive, industry leading salary, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan that includes an automatic 3% employer contribution.
- Centrally located in Seattle’s Eastlake neighborhood in a new Alexandria building with modern facilities, including a gym.