The environment of space hold the potential to craft products that profoundly enhance life on Earth. Varda is at the forefront of this endeavor, harnessing the unique environment of low earth orbit to produce these innovations and reintroduce them to our world. Our mission transcends mere exploration; we're expanding the economic horizons of humanity.
At Varda, you'll be positioned at the nexus of ambition and expertise. Our seasoned team, with its rich legacy in aerospace and technology, has honed its skills in the corridors of industry giants. Here, your contributions will be both cherished and critiqued by leaders who, with a wealth of experience behind them, are now devoted to the realm of extraterrestrial manufacturing.
While our aspirations soar high, our path is grounded in technical pragmatism and operational viability. Our conceptual operations are crystalline material processing and reentry, backed by years of research and development anchored in the International Space Station's, and commercial space sectors expansive achievements.
Join Varda, and work to finally create a bustling in-space ecosystem.
About This Role
The Propulsion Fluid Systems Engineer at Varda will be responsible for flight and ground propulsion fluid systems for Varda spacecraft. This person will have ownership over designs from a clean sheet through architecture definition, conceptual and detail design, build, test, and deployment. His/Her expertise will directly impact mission success through design execution, build, and operation of flight propulsion systems, propulsion ground support equipment, and test facilities. We are looking to optimize our propulsion system for our current and future generation space vehicles. Ready to grow with us?
- Size, architect, design, and build flight and ground fluid systems
- Define and execute fluid system tests, including providing on-console support
- Author fluid system build and test procedures
- Troubleshoot and disposition assembly non-conformances
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field
- 2+ years in propulsion fluid system definition, design, build, and test for spacecraft or rockets
- Understanding of fluid system components such as pressurized hardware, tubing, fittings, seals, valves, instrumentation, etc.
- Direct experience with fluid system manufacturing processes and installation methods
- Experience authoring and interpreting Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Proficient with CAD and product lifecycle management software
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of problems and drive projects to completion
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic highly technical environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in propulsion fluid systems definition, design, build, and test for spacecraft or rockets
- Experience with spacecraft propellants
- Experience with Siemens NX or similar CAD packages
- Strong technical communication skills with exception clarity in authoring work instructions, specifications, and assembly procedures
- Salary range: $120,000 - $175,000
- This role is on-site in El Segundo, CA
- Leveling and base salary is determined by job-related skills, education level, experience level, and job performance
- You will be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of stock options and/or long-term cash awards
- Offer compensation also includes the ability to purchase company stock through the Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA - an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup with potential for significant growth
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance, including Vision and Dental
- Lunch and snacks provided on site every day. Dinners provided twice a week.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Varda Space Industries, Inc. participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
E-Verify Notice Right To Work Notice