The environment of space hold the potential to craft products that profoundly enhance life on Earth. Varda is at the forefront of this endeavor, harnessing the unique environment of low earth orbit to produce these innovations and reintroduce them to our world. Our mission transcends mere exploration; we're expanding the economic horizons of humanity.
At Varda, you'll be positioned at the nexus of ambition and expertise. Our seasoned team, with its rich legacy in aerospace and technology, has honed its skills in the corridors of industry giants. Here, your contributions will be both cherished and critiqued by leaders who, with a wealth of experience behind them, are now devoted to the realm of extraterrestrial manufacturing.
While our aspirations soar high, our path is grounded in technical pragmatism and operational viability. Our conceptual operations are crystalline material processing and reentry, backed by years of research and development anchored in the International Space Station's, and commercial space sectors expansive achievements.
Join Varda, and work to finally create a bustling in-space ecosystem.
About This Role
Varda Space Industries is looking for highly motivated Lab Technician to join the product team. We are looking for creative candidates who will contribute to development efforts in improving pharmaceuticals with microgravity. This is an opportunity in an exciting area of growth for Varda. The role will shape Varda’s product culture, and will play a significant role in establishing the low earth orbit economy.
This position requires strong overall technical skills, excellent customer service, and great organizational management. The candidate should be a self-starter, self-motivator, and possess ingenuity to work in this novel environment.
- Work with lab personnel to support pharmaceutical development activities
- Preparing and analyzing samples
- Accurately entering and reporting analytical data using established procedures
- Performing general lab maintenance and setup and monitor experimental equipment
- Communicating experimental and equipment status to stakeholders
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on deadlines and constraints
- No laboratory experience is needed; however, applicants with laboratory experience or a Bachelor's in a related discipline are preferred
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical operations and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related scientific discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a laboratory or manufacturing environment
- Strong collaboration skills - ability to work and communicate with a diverse team
- Proficiency in conducting lab-work in pharmaceutical sciences
- Working experience of analytical tools, such as XRPD, HPLC, DSC, Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM), Raman, FTIR
- Must be physically able to regularly lift 25 lbs. for duties such as delivering computers, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, etc.
- Salary range: $45,000-$75,000
- This role is on-site in El Segundo, CA
- Leveling and base salary is determined by job-related skills, education level, experience level, and job performance
- You will be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of stock options and/or long-term cash awards
- Offer compensation also includes the ability to purchase company stock through the Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA - an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup with potential for significant growth
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance, including Vision and Dental
- Lunch and snacks provided on site every day. Dinners provided twice a week.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Varda Space Industries, Inc. participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
E-Verify Notice Right To Work Notice