There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
Supply chain will be critical to Varda to ensure we can build, test, and launch Varda spacecraft and products efficiently and on time. As one of the first supply chain employees, you will establish the infrastructure required to ensure Varda's success. You will have a wide variety of responsibilities, including procurement/purchasing, demand planning, inventory management, and manufacturing.
- Steer and help establish the required infrastructure required for Varda supply chain to be successful, including creating global supply chain strategies and setting up an ERP system
- Develop and manage the demand plan and forecast for Varda spacecraft and products
- Develop and manage supplier/vendor relationships and drive supplier relationship strategies, including supplier performance management, pricing and negotiation, strategic long term agreements, and new technology development
- Help optimize warehouse, inventory, and manufacturing functions
- Perform tasks as needed for procurement and purchasing
- Scope and drive various supply chain projects and present cost saving opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or related field
- 5+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Experience at a hardware startup or an aerospace, automotive, or consumer electronics company
- Master’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain or other technical discipline
- Proven success working on cross-functional new product introduction projects, managing multiple products
- Technical knowledge in mechanical and electrical commodities
- Experience setting up ERP systems with purchasing, planning, and inventory functions
- Intermediate skills data analytics software (i.e. SQL, PowerBI, Excel, etc.)
- APICS certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.