There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
As an integration and test engineer, you will design, build, test, and fly spacecraft including satellites and atmospheric reentry vehicles. You will have ownership of the vehicle integration, test, and checkouts.
- Responsible for overseeing the build and test process for the structures, mechanisms, and avionics system Varda's spacecraft
- Develop, test, and refine manufacturing processes to meet all design and business requirements including safety, quality, and delivery
- Work with design engineers to evaluate designs for manufacturability and test requirements
- Quickly resolve manufacturing issues and collaborate with other engineers to implement corrective actions
- Ideate and implement tooling and test solutions, enabling high quality build of hardware
- Identify, plan, and execute implementation of capital equipment, machine, and layout upgrades
- Design electrical harnessing for flight and test applications
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, or computer science
- 2+ years of collegiate extracurricular engineering project experience or professional design and development experience
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Master’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, or electrical engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience in system-level integration of electronic components or system-level testing
- Experience with the building and testing of structures and/or electrical systems
- Experience with test equipment (pumps, valves, heaters, instrumentation, data acquisition, and automation)
- Experience with scientific computer science languages (C/C++, Python, Matlab, or similar)
- Experience with electrical system simulation and automation testing
- Experience with Unigraphics NX and Teamcenter CAD and PLM systems
- Knowledge of metallic manufacturing techniques, processes, and equipment related to machining, welding, drilling, and automation
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Experience in a development environment within the aerospace industry
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.