Varda was founded under the belief manufacturing in zero-gravity is critical to unlocking new materials. We are actively working on spacecraft and technologies to make this possible and expand humanity’s manufacturing capabilities.
- Learn how to design, build, test, and fly spacecraft including satellites and atmospheric reentry vehicles
- Full ownership of the facility including office space and the lab area
- Ability to grow and develop with the vehicle and the company as we build Varda together
- Teamwork skills are necessary to solve problems in a collaborative environment.
- Coordinate meetings, manage schedules, make appointments, arrange travel, screen and delegate incoming calls, and provide other general assistance as required
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
- Must be physically capable of performing manual labor tasks, including lifting up to 25 lbs. (unassisted)
- Ability to work in a high-concentration, high-stress environment requiring prolonged mental concentration
- Ability to work at heights over 30 feet
- Perform potentially confidential and complex administrative duties involving Excel, Word and PowerPoint including, typing letters, creating/updating spreadsheets, and compiling presentations
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to daily schedules and routines, and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Applicant must be willing to work 40 hours a week on-site in Torrance, CA
- Applicant must be eligible to work on ITAR projects
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Hands-on experience working with power tools
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.