Varda was founded under the belief manufacturing in zero-gravity is critical to unlocking new materials. We are actively working on spacecraft and technologies to make this possible and expand humanity’s manufacturing capabilities.
- Learn how to design, build, test, and fly spacecraft including satellites and atmospheric reentry vehicles
- Full ownership of the vehicle propulsion systems design including a solid rocket motor for capsule reentry, cold gas thruster for orbital adjustments, and an electric propulsion (EP) system for phasing
- Ability to grow and develop with the vehicle and the company as we build Varda together
- Teamwork skills are necessary to solve problems in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to scope projects including requirements capture and initial design trades given open-ended problems.
- Experience with the full design, build, test, fly cycle for satellite propulsion systems including cold gas thrusters and solid rocket motors
- Familiarity with CAD and lifecycle management software
- Experience with spacecraft engine design, testing, debugging, and manufacturing
- Familiarity with solid rocket motors including igniter types, propellant grain packing, and the design of motor cases
- Hands-on experience testing solid rocket motors and/or cold gas in-space thrusters
- Knowledge of engine test stands, load cells, pressure transducers, and RTDs
- Understand of fluid-mechanical components including check valves, solenoid valves, pressure regulators, and nozzles
- Experience working in a laboratory and/or manufacturing environment with engineering hardware.
- Understanding of system impacts to component design decisions including packaging, thermal, environmental, and loads.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Hands-on project experience with chemical propulsion system testing for spacecraft
- Experience with 0-D and 1-D thermal and fluid modeling
- Strong understanding of spacecraft and/or launch vehicle propulsion systems
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.