Varda was founded under the belief manufacturing in zero-gravity is critical to unlocking new materials. We are actively working on spacecraft and technologies to make this possible and expand humanity’s manufacturing capabilities.
- Learn how to design, build, test, and fly spacecraft including satellites and atmospheric reentry vehicles
- Full ownership of the vehicle electrical systems design including hardware and firmware
- Ability to grow and develop with the vehicle and the company as we build Varda together
- Teamwork skills are necessary to solve problems in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to scope projects including requirements capture and initial design trades given open-ended problems.
- Experience with the full design, build, test, fly cycle for electrical systems, printed circuit boards (PCBs), and avionics boxes.
- Hands-on experience with soldiering and building wire harnesses.
- Knowledge of electrical test systems including test racks, power supplies, and in-circuit tests (ICT)
- Experience designing and implementing mixed-signal circuit boards using FPGAs, ethernet, serial, DRAM interfaces, SPI, CAN, and Serial
- Understand of electro-mechanical controllers including servo and DC motor drivers
- Experience with PCB design, debugging, and manufacturing.
- Experience working in a laboratory and/or manufacturing environment with engineering hardware.
- Understanding of system impacts to component design decisions including packaging, thermal, environmental, and loads.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with Altium and PSpice software packages
- Experience with electronics design and analysis
- Hands-on project experience with complex electrical systems
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.