At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking a Commercial Maintenance Technician to support properties in Oakton and Arlington, VA!
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain property according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain property machines and equipment to include checking, repairing, and servicing machinery, equipment, systems, and infrastructure, diagnosing problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities. Ensure the efficiency and reliability of mechanical equipment.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Assist with snow removal.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance at multiple properties throughout the portfolio.
- Maintain parking lot cleanliness at various properties.
- Respond to after hour break downs, and after hour calls.
- Manage supplies for said properties and coordinate with facility director or property manager.
- Oversee the cleaning staff and report your findings to management.
- Shift and on call work required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and property maintenance experience;
- CFC required
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
Van Metre was just named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017 by the Washington Post and the Washington Business Journal! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 2 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.