At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture, and are seeking a candidate who loves to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Due to internal promotions, Van Metre has an Assistant Property Manager position available!
The Assistant Property Manager must be a self-starter, possess strong sales skills and be detailed oriented. Under the direction of the Property Manager, the ideal candidate is responsible for maximizing property occupancy by generating qualified traffic, networking within the local community, scheduling appointments, securing rentals, and promoting resident retention. Additional responsibilities will include rent collections, processing evictions, maintaining resident ledgers, and deposit accounting.
- Greet prospective tenants when they arrive and introduce them to the types of units available as well as the property’s amenities
- Execute leases with new and returning tenants to ensure all parties understand the terms and conditions of the contract (including qualifying residents)
- Respond to tenant questions and complaints in a timely manner
- Perform rent collection and deposit accounting
- Contact tenants to collect overdue rent or to discuss other issues that require immediate attention
- Process evictions when necessary
- Market and perform community outreach to generate traffic; follow up on prospective tenant leads
- Follow up on all maintenance requests
- Facilitate/plan resident functions on the property
- Provide regular assistance to property staff
- Prepare sales administrative reports (i.e. market surveys)
- Inspect vacant apartments to ensure they are market ready for residents
- Establish rapport with tenants so they always feel valued and appreciated
- Implement Van Metre’s standards of management
- Other tasks assigned by the Property Manager
- 2+ years’ experience in Property Management
- Prior Supervisory experience required
- Bilingual preferred
- Strong sales and customer service background
- Goal-oriented mindset, possessing excellent customer service, and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with residents and customers in a professional manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Yardi software or other property management software
- Degree preferred but not required
Weekend work is required
Van Metre Companies was just named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017 by the Washington Post and the Washington Business Journal! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 2 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance through our Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our gym membership reimbursement option and free Fitbit challenges. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of the Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.