At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking an Inventory Manager in our New Homes Division!
The Van Metre team is making large investments into our inventory process and purchasing additional warehouse space to create a strategic advantage in the current supply chain environment, and this position is critical to carrying out that vision. We are looking to hire an individual at the manager level to continue to build out and lead our inventory and warehousing programs. The position is ideal for an individual with inventory and/or warehousing experience and is looking to jump into a management position with a company who is a top place to work. As Inventory Manager with Van Metre Companies, you will have the ability to grow professionally within the manufacturing and homebuilding industry and will experience a positive and upbeat culture with a great work/life balance.
This position will work in person at our Winchester, VA location.
Inventory Management: You will be responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing inventoried goods throughout different groups within Van Metre. In addition, you will be responsible for administering an inventory tracking system and creation of status reporting to be provided to leadership. More specifically, requirements are:
- Initially review the current levels of materials and supplies, identify & dispose of all obsolete inventory, and provide recommendations on optimal inventory levels.
- Identify recommendations for inventory control software and reporting.
- Recommend the ordering of new materials when inventory levels drop below established thresholds.
- Maintain accurate inventory of supplies and products while also performing daily analysis of inventory losses and gains.
- Investigate and resolve inconsistencies with inventory items and develop protocols for loss mitigation.
- Conduct periodic inventory cycle count process, including year-end inventory count.
- Make recommendations to leadership about improvements in inventory life cycle.
Warehouse Management: You will also manage the warehouse team and warehouse space, more specifically:
- Provide recommendations of ideal storage types and locations.
- Keep the warehouse clean, organized, safe, and running efficiently.
- Manage the optimal flow of goods throughout the warehouse.
- Coordination required with the inbound / outbound trucks and drivers, as well as the purchasing, production, and distribution teams.
- Approximately 5+ years of inventory or warehousing experience; management experience preferred
- Proficient with computerized accounting and inventory control systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated, energetic individual with a positive/professional attitude
- Exceptional organization skills
- An excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented and process follower
- Able to work well with minimal management and effective with time management
- Extremely dependable and punctual
Van Metre Companies has been named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post for seven consecutive years! We have received the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Award for the last six years, and have received their Corporate Philanthropy Award for the last nine years in a row!!!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.