At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre Companies has a .NET Full Stack Developer position available to join our Business Intelligence Team!
We are seeking a highly skilled .NET Full Stack Developer who is comfortable with both front and back-end programming. As Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for developing and designing front-end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications, and working alongside our Senior .NET Developer and Senior Database Administrator/Developer for application design features, among other duties. This position requires the candidate be local to the Northern Virginia area.
As Full Stack Developer, you will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Developing front-end web applications architecture
- Developing back-end web applications
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Working alongside Senior .NET Developer and Senior DBA for application design features
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Designing and developing APIs
- Meeting both technical and business user’s needs
- Staying up to date with web application developments and programming languages
- Degree in Computer Science/Web Applications Development, or 1-2 years of experience
- Proficiency/Familiarity with NodeJS, AngularJS, React
- Proficiency with .NET, C#
- Proficiency/Familiarity with SQL Server Database
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Van Metre was named one of the Top Workplaces in DC for five consecutive years by the Washington Post! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award three years in a row.
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.