At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success, and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking Investment Properties Marketing Interns for Summer 2023!
We are seeking driven and creative Investment Properties Marketing Interns to support our Investment Properties Marketing team. Under the direction of the Vice President of Investment Properties Marketing, the Investment Properties Marketing Intern will be responsible for supporting marketing initiatives that advance the Van Metre Companies brand. The intern will work closely with marketing managers, agencies, and other internal/external parties to execute effective marketing campaigns across various platforms.
All Van Metre interns will have the opportunity to meet and network with interns and employees from other departments and divisions. Interns will engage in a series of trainings that will help them to excel in their particular roles and to broaden their understanding of the company and the many different ways to become involved at Van Metre. The internship program is designed to give our interns valuable and broadly applicable experience that will continue to be an asset well into the future.
The Investment Properties Marketing Internship will be a hybrid position and will work both remotely and partially in-person at our Fairfax, VA office, and requires the candidate be local to the Northern Virginia area.
- Help organize marketing events at a corporate level
- Assist with the promotion of each property through social media channels, websites, internet listing services, etc.
- Create graphics, flyers, and social graphics for prospect and resident facing events
- Audit marketing materials; to include, but not limited to:
- Tracking numbers
- Update community info sheets, price sheets, floor plans, and brochures
- Complete property requests and action items daily
- Monitor all social media channels for new trends, creative ideas, and suggestions
- Bring new, creative, and out-of-the-box ideas to the marketing team
- Stay up to date on current marketing strategies and tools
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Program
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge and experience of Adobe Suite
- Experience with Canva
- Experience with content creation a plus
- Understanding of social media channels, social tools, and basic communication tactics
- Ability to provide new, exciting and creative ideas to the team
- Positive, hardworking, go-getter attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Valid Driver's License and personal transportation
Van Metre's Summer 2023 Internship Program is an 8-week program in which Interns get the opportunity to hone the skills in their field but also learn about our business. The Program starts the first week in June 2023 and runs through early August. Interns will attend trainings and planned sessions with Executives from every team, learning about every aspect of a product, from inception to completion, sale, and management. The goal is to assist in your quest to become a well-rounded individual, just like our company is!
Van Metre Companies has been named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post for seven consecutive years! We have received the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Award for the last six years, and have received their Corporate Philanthropy Award for the last nine years in a row!!!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top-quality homes, investment properties, and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism, and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and the management of apartment, retail, and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry-leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.