At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking a New Homes Design Intern for Summer 2023!
As a New Homes Design Intern, you take pride in your work, recognizing the value of teamwork and ownership of your responsibilities and impact. Design Interns will embrace Van Metre’s mission, vision, and values and use them to guide their performance and decision-making in support of the company’s long-term goals.
All Van Metre interns will have the opportunity to meet and network with interns and employees from other departments and divisions. Interns will engage in a series of trainings that will help them to excel in their particular roles and to broaden their understanding of the company and the many different ways to become involved at Van Metre. The internship program is designed to give our interns valuable and broadly applicable experience that will continue to be an asset well into the future.
The New Homes Design Internship will be a remote position.
Under the supervision of the Director of Design, responsibilities will include:
- Assist in developing product floorplan design conceptual drawings and elevations.
- Assist in the preparation of the conceptual presentations.
- Provide design support in the preparation of design development drawings and specifications.
- Create 2D & 3D Rendering of product conceptual designs.
- Assist in creating exterior color schemes for new and existing community products and clubhouses.
- Assist and perform field visits to new and existing communities to ensure accurate execution of design & color.
- Assist is participating in Design Centre package designs
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Architecture or related field in progress
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Architecture, Revit, and SketchUp Pro
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Office) and SharePoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
- Proficiency in Google Sketch Up Pro/ VRAY
- Adobe Acrobat Professional/Bluebeam preferred
- Maintains a teamwork-oriented working style that prioritizes problem-solving, the exchange of ideas, and collaboration in solving issues at hand.
- Understand urgencies and fast-acting results.
- Takes pride in and accountability for one’s work, exercising attention to detail and analytical thinking.
- Valid Driver's License and personal transportation
Van Metre's Summer 2023 Internship Program is an 8-week program in which Interns get the opportunity to hone the skills in their field but also learn about our business. The Program starts the first week in June 2023 and runs through early August. Interns will attend trainings and planned sessions with Executives from every team, learning about every aspect of a product, from inception to completion, sale, and management. The goal is to assist in your quest to become a well-rounded individual, just like our company is!
Van Metre Companies has been named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post for seven consecutive years! We have received the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Award for the last six years, and have received their Corporate Philanthropy Award for the last nine years in a row!!!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top-quality homes, investment properties, and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism, and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and the management of apartment, retail, and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry-leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.