At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success, and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking New Homes Architectural Interns for the Summer of 2023!
The New Homes Architectural Intern will report to the Senior Architectural Project Manager but takes directions from the Architectural Team on their project. The Architectural Intern is responsible for helping the Architectural Design Team in developing and maintaining projects and coordinating with consultants.
All Van Metre interns will have the opportunity to meet and network with interns and employees from other departments and divisions. Interns will engage in a series of trainings that will help them to excel in their particular roles and to broaden their understanding of the company and the many different ways to become involved at Van Metre. The internship program is designed to give our interns valuable and broadly applicable experience that will continue to be an asset well into the future.
The Architecture Internship will be a hybrid position and will work both remotely and in person attending various site visits and teambuilding events.
- Collaborating in the creation of 2D & 3D Rendering of initial concept ideas
- Collaborating in the creation of Bid Sets for Estimating Costs (For Construction cost & Sales Cost)
- Collaborating in the creation of Architectural Permit Set including Ventilation Calculations & Drainage Calculations, Electrical Drawings, and Construction Details
- Assess Energy Compliance of Design with RESchecks or Prescriptive Method
- Assisting in the coordination with the Project Consultants
- Assisting in the Creation of Permit Sets Issues & County required documentation
- Assisting in the Architectural Permit Set Creation
- Creation of RESchecks for Energy Compliance
- Creation of Preliminary Marketing Brochures
- Creation of 3D Renderings for the opening of Product in the Market
- Creation of approved Color Schemes
- Creation of Custom PPO’s
- Creation of Active Products Redlines
- Create of Marketing Townhouse Strip Plan
- Assisting in any other tasks as needed
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Architecture
- Use of AutoCAD Architecture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with the aptitude to learn new software systems
- Experience in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator preferred
- Experience in Google Sketch Up Pro/ VRAY preferred
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Knowledge of Architectural Design Techniques
- Experience in Microsoft SharePoint
- Use of Plotters, Copiers, Printers & Scanner
- Valid Driver's License and personal transportation
Van Metre's Summer 2023 Internship Program is an 8-week program in which Interns get the opportunity to hone the skills in their field but also learn about our business. The Program starts the first week in June 2023 and runs through early August. Interns will attend trainings and planned sessions with Executives from every team, learning about every aspect of a product, from inception to completion, sale, and management. The goal is to assist in your quest to become a well-rounded individual, just like our company is!
Van Metre Companies has been named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post for seven consecutive years! We have received the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Award for the last six years, and have received their Corporate Philanthropy Award for the last nine years in a row!!!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top-quality homes, investment properties, and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism, and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and the management of apartment, retail, and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry-leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.