At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success, and culture, and are seeking a candidate who loves to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre Companies has a Junior Design Centre Consultant position available in our New Homes Division!
In this sales-oriented role, you will assist new home buyers with color selections & options for interior finishes (flooring, hardwood, cabinets, ceramic, etc.) and follow up on customer design questions throughout the process.
- Build rapport with customers while maintaining a positive Guild Quality score and providing an up serving customer experience
- Be able to understand product knowledge to explain the different levels and types of products at the Design Centre
- Provide guidance based on customers selections and budget for the home
- Ability to provide an online presence for multiple appointments i.e. Intro, Browse, Selection, and Finalize Selection appointment.
- Review Sales Contract for outstanding issues prior to scheduled Design Centre Appointment
- Review structured wiring proposal into the contract prior to the appointment starting to ensure the consultant understands what the buyer has purchased
- Complete Design Centre appointment following all processes and procedures
- Resolve any outstanding questions the customer may have and complete paperwork so Design Centre selections can be completed, ratified, and published
- Work on SPEC selections with the Sales Team and structured wiring to ensure the homes are complete and released on time.
- Make recommendations on items offered in the Design Centre based on trends and customer requests
- Understand and use the technology we have within the Design Centre
- Maintain the tidiness of the Design Centre to straighten up samples and furniture, stock the wet bar with drinks and coffee supplies, and report any damaged or missing items to the Design Manager
- Attend virtual selection appointments as needed
- Design Coordination
- Sales Experience
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving Skills
- Decision Making
- Ability to Multitask
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
Weekend work is required.
Van Metre has been named one of the Top Workplaces in DC for the past FIVE years in a row by the Washington Post. We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award several years in a row as well.
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.