At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking a Recruiting Coordinator to join our growing People Operations Team!
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Recruiting Coordinator will support the full life cycle of recruiting from requisition opening to new hire on-boarding. The Recruiting Coordinator will work either remotely or in our Fairfax office. While 100% remote work is an option, candidates need to be local to attend events and meetings when necessary.
- Serve as Applicant Tracking System (ATS) administrator, including adding/editing users and providing training and user support
- Responsible for implementing new product features/rollouts in our ATS, Greenhouse Software
- Approve, open, and publish new requisitions; post positions on various recruiting websites, job boards, and with colleges and universities
- Schedule all interviews to include phone interviews, virtual interviews, and in person hiring manager interviews
- Research new recruiting sources and establish relationships (example: trade schools and training programs)
- Source entry level candidates
- Perform support duties such as offer letter creation, sending assessments to candidates, and report generation
- Promote employee referral program
- Assist in onboarding process
- Maintain a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Keep detailed notes on candidate interaction and update system
- Provide excellent customer service to internal customers as well as external
- Research recruiting trends and provide recommendations
- Brainstorm on continuing to make Recruitment at Van Metre Companies best in class
- Attend industry events to network and learn new techniques
- Minimum of six months' prior experience in a Recruiting or Human Resources position is required
- Prior experience working in an Applicant Tracking System is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, and Excel as well as other basic software experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and make decisions
- Natural curiosity about technology and process improvements
- Superior customer service skills to include active listening and follow up
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Desire to continue to learn and grow in the Recruiting field
- Self-starter; ability to work as a part of a team but also individually with minimal supervision
Van Metre has been named one of the Top Workplaces in DC for the past FIVE years in a row by the Washington Post. We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award several years in a row as well.
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and mental wellbeing. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.