At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking a Community Sales Associate to be trained in New Homes Sales!
About the Sales Program:
As the Community Sales Associate, you will be mentored by experienced New Home Community Sales Managers at different communities and learn how to create interest, assist the sales team with prospecting and appointment-setting, follow up with prospective customers, transfer knowledge of our homes and the market, secure contracts, and provide customer service while maintaining relationships with purchasers. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow your career in the new home sales business!
The Sales program at Van Metre is designed to train employees to eventually become a fully commissioned Sales Manager. Community Sales Associates are expected to work at any new home sales community. All Van Metre New Homes Sales team members work weekends, with two days off during the week.
Upon proven skill and opportunity, a Community Sales Associate will have the chance to earn a position as a Sales Manager - moving to a 100% commission compensation plan.
As the Community Sales Associate, Daily Tasks would include:
- Managing inventory of sales and marketing brochures and supplies
- Greeting and Welcoming prospective homebuyers to the community
- Scheduling appointments
- Collecting all pertinent information from visiting traffic
- Inputting and maintaining prospective buyers into our database
- Advising clients on custom options
- Assisting Sales Manager with any general clerical, contract, or scheduling duties
- Learning about different product offerings and types of buyers
- Desire to advance within the company to Sales Manager
- Prior Sales Experience in any industry preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communications and time management skills
- Intermediate to advanced level skills using MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional demeanor and appearance necessary at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible and available to work overtime as needed with minimal notice
- Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and evening hours
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Valid Driver's License
A Realtors License is NOT required, and an active licensee will be required to inactivate their license.
Communities located in Northern Virginia and West Virginia.
Van Metre Companies was named one of the Top Workplaces in DC for the past four consecutive years by the Washington Post! We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2020 by the Washington Business Journal! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 2 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.