At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking an Assistant Construction Manager to work in our New Homes Division!
The Assistant Construction Manager must have the ability to organize, develop, maintain and manage and complete projects on schedule, within budget and above industry accepted quality standards. The Assistant Construction Manager will have direct responsibility for all field management of construction to meet the budgeted goals of the company.
- Direct all construction activities to meet the annual sales and construction settlements
- Review all construction bibles before starting construction noting all questions to the Construction Manager
- Hold weekly job meetings and keep all trade partners aware of priorities and objectives
- Construct projects in accordance with approved plans; maintain company standard level of quality at all times
- Ensure homes are ready for the scheduled pre-settlement inspection with buyer and for settlement
- Maintain accurate schedule
- Issue P.O. before any work is started; assure P.O.’s are not contracted items, are properly allocated, and are submitted to Production Manager in timely manner; accurately define quantities where material packages are involved to be changed
- Preform all construction inspection with homeowners: Pre-Construction: Pre-Drywall: Pre-Settlement and Rewalk
- Provide excellent customer service work and be present for all inspections
- Maintain an attitude of professional pride in the product and in the company at all times
- Review with Production Manager the contract specifications and scope of work for each subcontractor regarding their contracted work and the level of quality they are to provide
- Monitor the completion of all pre-settlement items so that when house is ready for settlement there are no outstanding items
- Complete all checklists on time
- Maintain a clean site
- Perform all duties professionally, efficiently and effectively, making fair and ethical decisions on matters relating to subcontractors and homeowners
- 3+ years’ experience in residential construction; preference given to single family or townhome construction
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Locations are in Northern Virginia. Owning a toolset is preferred but not required.
Van Metre Companies was named one of the Top Workplaces in DC for the past four consecutive years by the Washington Post! We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2020 by the Washington Business Journal! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 2 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.