At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture, and are seeking a candidate who loves to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre has a Maintenance Technician position available at The Sur, one of our Arlington lease-up properties!
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible, under the direction of the VP and Director of Facilities, for the overall maintenance of the apartment complex and all areas related to the day‐to‐day maintenance operations of the residential community.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
- Make ready units for new move‐ins
- Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems
- Responsible for 24 hour emergency maintenance
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program
- Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, sweeping and light landscaping
- Coordinate special projects as directed
Maintenance Technician must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Maintenance Tech must have the necessary skills to effectively complete tasks outlined above. One must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships. Lease-up and High-rise apartment experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- HVAC Certification Required
- Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation Required
Weekend work is required