At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking an Architectural Designer in our New Homes Division!
The Architectural Designer reports to the Senior Architect but takes direction from the Architectural Project Manager as well. The Architectural Designer will be responsible for developing and maintaining projects, coordinating and communicating with consultants, and assembling work to be created by other designers while assisting in their projects. They will attend to Project meetings as needed to assist management and participate in project frame walks to assist as needed. The Architectural Designer will also work on any required Redlines as needed.
- Create 2D & 3D Rendering of initial concept ideas
- Create Bid Sets for Estimating Costs (For Construction cost & Sales Cost)
- Architectural Permit Set Creation including Ventilation Calculations & Drainage Calculations, Electrical Drawings and Construction Details
- Coordination of overlot grading plans with Civil Engineer
- Coordination of Structural Permit Set creation with outside Structural Engineer
- Assess Energy Compliance of Design with RESchecks or Prescriptive Method
- Coordination of Manual D (Man J & Ductwork) Layout Design with Outside Mechanical Engineer
- Creation and Issue of Physical Permit Sets & all County required Coversheets for Issue to AHJ as well as Addendums due to plan changes of county comments
- 2D & 3D Rendering of initial concept ideas for In-House or ARB Approvals
- Bid Set Creation for Estimating Costs (For Construction cost & Sales Cost)
- Architectural Permit Set Creation
- Creation of RESchecks for Energy Compliance
- Creation and Issue of Physical Permit Sets & any County required documentation
- Creation of Preliminary Marketing Brochures
- Creation of 3D Renderings for opening of Product in the Market
- Creation of approved Color Schemes
- Creation of Custom PPO’s
- Creation of Active Products Redlines
- Construction Administration for issues arising in the Field (Creating Details & Redlines)
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2018, SketchUp and Microsoft Suite Programs
- V-Ray, Illustrator, Photoshop experience Preferred
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Critical Thinking
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solving
Van Metre Companies was just named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by the Washington Post! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award three years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.