At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture, and are seeking a candidate who loves to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre has an Administrative Specialist opportunity available to support our Information Technology Department in our Fairfax, VA Corporate Office!
As Administrative Specialist, you will report to the Director of IT and will provide general administrative support to the IT team. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining the asset inventory, billing, and purchasing systems; as well as other duties as needed. You will interface with both our internal customers and our vendors, so therefore, you will need to provide excellent customer service at all times. Attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills will be essential to excelling in your role as Administrative Specialist!
- Analyze, review and verify invoices
- Set invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices into the system
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquires
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Reconcile department credit card purchases with bills received
- Reconcile invoices with purchases; prepare for approval, and forward to accounting for payment
- Process new equipment orders
- Order all departmental supplies
- Manage and keep up-to-date inventory of IT assets
- Manage inventory of phone number assignments
- Asset Management: ensure all new assets are inventoried, labelled with service request number, placed into the storage room, and service request updated
- Ensure all existing assets that change hands or locations are properly updated in the IT inventory application; verify asset forms are signed by the owner and all appropriate parties receive a copy
- Ensure all disposed assets are properly updated in the IT inventory application
- New equipment in take: manage new equipment coming in, inventorying it, completing the purchasing information, updating/assigning the ticket to team member to complete
- Apply computer image to new computers when they arrive before putting in spare inventory
- Check all office conference rooms daily to ensure functionality; collaborate with users to assist with technical difficulties in conference rooms, and gather what will be needed for any trainings or meetings
- Create and manage department on-call schedule monthly
- Cover office main reception desk when needed: includes routing phone calls, packages, and visitors
- Department kitchen maintenance and stocking
- Take ownership of any copy machine management, including: calling service requests in, monitoring repair or toner requests, tracking progress, and informing end user of status on resolution
- Perform monthly meter reads
- Manage the copier contracts and leases
New Hire Orientation
- Participate in New Hire Orientation on Mondays; providing new hires with username and passwords, and conducting training on company-wide IT applications
- Experience with managing invoices and recurring billing
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service and communication
- Detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and/or work independently as needed
- Desire to learn and expand knowledge and skills
- Experience working with a Helpdesk ticketing system
- Accounting/Bookkeeping experience
- Training experience
Must have valid driver's licence and be able to drive to different locations during the course of the day if needed.
Van Metre Companies was named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017, 2018, and 2019 by the Washington Post!! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award three years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.