At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture, and are seeking a candidate who loves to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre has a Service Manager position available in Arlington, VA!
The Sur is currently in development in Arlington and once delivered (Spring 2020), will consist of 360 residential units with 16,000 square feet of commercial space. The Service Manager will facilitate a successful opening of this property, and assist in hiring the Maintenance team. Upon delivery of the property, the Service Manager will manage a staff of two Maintenance Technicians and a Porter. In this role, you will be responsible, under the direction of the Property Manager and Director of Facilities, for the overall management of the apartment complex and all areas related to the day‐to‐day maintenance operations of the residential community.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair and painting
- Organize and Manage the different programs required by State and Federal Jurisdictions
- Meet with and direct contractors as needed
- Work closely with the Property Manager to ensure all areas of the property are maintained to the Van Metre standards.
- Manage the facility side of the budget.
- Repair and treat structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
- Keep informed of pending vacant units and schedule all the vendors for the make ready process.
- Manage the daily flow of service requests.
- Submit the required weekly reports to the corporate office
- Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems
- Responsible for managing and carrying out 24 hour emergency maintenance schedule
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program
- Coordinate special projects as directed
Service Manager must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Service Manager must have the necessary skills to effectively complete tasks outlined above. One must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- HVAC Certification Required
- Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation Required
Weekend work is required
Van Metre Companies was just named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017, 2018, and 2019 by the Washington Post! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award three years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.