At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture, and are seeking a candidate who loves to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre has a Part Time Leasing Consultant position available at Centro Arlington, our brand new luxury property in Arlington! You will be part of a very crucial team responsible for leasing up this property!
As Part Time Leasing Consultant, you will work Saturday and Sunday evenings from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm and will be responsible for assisting with all leasing duties related to the property, including maximizing occupancy, scheduling appointments, securing rentals, and promoting resident retention.
Leasing Consultants are not only the face of the property; they are the heart of the community. Anyone can respond to an ad for an apartment, but it is the Leasing Consultant that gets someone to walk in the door and then decide to stay. At Van Metre, we recognize, appreciate, and reward you for this. You are a key contributor to the company's success and we are so thankful for that. It is our job to give you the tools to make you successful, and that is exactly what we strive to do. As Leasing Consultant, you will have access to a variety of trainings and other professional development opportunities. At Van Metre, we like to promote from within, so we are looking for eager, motivated, and driven individuals looking for a career and not just a job.
- Work Saturday and Sunday each week from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Lease apartments at one of the largest properties in our residential portfolio
- Develop and participate in marketing outreach to increase property traffic, leads, and occupancy
- Process lease applications and qualify applicants; prepare lease renewals
- Provide tours of entire property
- Greet every visitor with a warm welcome, making yourself available to answer questions and assist with problems
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the property and its amenities, and share with prospective residents
- Monitor maintenance requests and communicate with maintenance staff and residents to assure problems are resolved adequately and timely
- Follow up on new leads
- Prepare all sales administrative reports (including market surveys, etc.)
- In conjunction with Property Managers and Assistants, plan, organize, and conduct resident events
- Provide stellar customer service
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Property Manager
- 1-2 years prior experience in Sales, Property Management, or Hospitality
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Aptitude for working with people
- Social media savvy
- Outstanding communication skills, both in person, over the phone, and via social media
- Self-starter, possessing exceptional sales and customer service skills
- Outside the box thinker and problem solver
- Bilingual Preferred
Some weekend work is required.
Van Metre Companies was just named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by the Washington Post! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 2 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.