At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking a Junior Recruiter!
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Junior Recruiter will support the full life cycle of recruiting from requisition opening to new hire on-boarding process, as well as oversee the Van Metre Companies' Summer Internship Program. With a focus on entry level and internship positions, this dynamic individual will support new initiatives in recruitment marketing and branding, reporting, and process creation and improvement.
- Manage the Summer Internship program! Our Internship Program has been successfully running for several years, but we are always seeking to improve and continue to grow it. You will be responsible for:
- Managing campus relationships, staying up to date on, registering for, and attending recruiting fairs and events, and finding creative ways to increase company brand presence on campuses
- Identifying new colleges and universities to recruit from
- Screening Intern and entry level candidates (approximately 18-25 Interns hired each summer); making recommendations to Hiring Managers and scheduling interviews; preparing Intern offer information and disseminate Welcome Packets to Intern hires
- Program redesign or improvement as you see fit!
- Assist with recruiting processes, including editing/creating job postings, sourcing, screening, and managing ATS (Greenhouse Software) for entry level sales, customer service, construction, and maintenance positions
- Coordinate and schedule phone interviews for Talent Acquisition Manager and in person interviews for Hiring Managers
- Serve as ATS (Greenhouse Software) administrator, including adding/editing users and providing training when necessary
- Partner with People Operations and Marketing Departments to create recruitment marketing strategy: promote Van Metre Companies Careers via social media; use innovative methods to show what it’s like to work at Van Metre and tell the story of what makes this a "Top Workplace"!
- Perform administrative duties such as offer letter creation, sending assessments to candidates, and report generation
- Brainstorm on how to continue to make Recruitment at Van Metre best in class
- Attend industry events to network and learn new techniques
- One to three years recruiting experience required; agency or campus recruiting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience using an ATS (Greenhouse Software experience is not required)
- Comfortable with using social media for recruitment
- Natural curiosity about technology and process improvement
- Superior customer service skills to include active listening and follow up
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Desire to continue to learn and grow
Van Metre has been named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017, 2018, and 2019 by the Washington Post. We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 2 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.