At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking a Wall Panel and Truss Designer!
Roles & Responsibilities
The Wall Panel and Truss Designer will ensure the timely completion of design that adheres to the established specifications and standards. The Designer will also be responsible for updating and maintaining design logs and spreadsheets.
1. Designs manufactured components by preparing or checking take-offs, running engineering analysis on computer, developing the design and cut sheet selecting proper design for customer, making design to meet customer needs, writing work order for shop and creating a drawing of truss/panel/features and layout.
2. Keeps department expenses in line by designing component in order to minimize waste on lumber and assuring accuracy of work orders.
3. Provides written records for division by filing bids for future use and filling out necessary paperwork accurately.
4. Demonstrated commitment to teamwork by cooperating with positive attitude with coworkers, supervisor and other divisions in achieving company/division goals, contributing ideas, suggestions, to help division improve performance in service, production or problem solving.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Professional appearance and behavior
2. Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals, both orally and in writing
3. Skill in effectively responding to and resolving complaints
4. Ability to read and interpret written information
5. Ability to read plans/blueprints as well as working with AutoCAD and Mitek files
6. Ability to analyze problems and provide solutions
7. Ability to utilize MS Office Applications; Word, Outlook, and Excel
8. Ability to interpret and apply company policies and directives
Other Essential Skills & Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or related area
Mitek Software Suite
3+ years Component Design or Building Industry and/or Mitek software preferred
Van Metre was just named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017 and 2018 by the Washington Post and the Washington Business Journal! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 3 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.